Contributor
igopogo
0 Kudos

How Do I Put Title AND Author's Name At The Top Of Each Page?

Hi, I've recently uploaded my novel. It's at: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/uncharted-voyage-rafael-montserrat/1112934720?ean=2940015690248#. Traditionally, paper books have the title of the book on the left page and the author's name on the right page. I would like to have the title and my name appear at the top of each single page (or window) of the Nook. I tried doing this in the 'title' box of the !pubit application. My name didn't show at all, only the title, UNCHARTED VOYAGE. I tried numerous combinations of "UNCHARTED VOYAGE Rafael Montserrat" in the title box to no avail. Does anyone know how to make this happen? Thanks, Rafael
Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

Re: How Do I Put Title AND Author's Name At The Top Of Each Page?

The only thing I can think of would be to edit your books Metadata... :smileyindifferent:

Contributor
igopogo
0 Kudos

Thanks Melissa. I'll have to figure out what that means and how to do it. And that relates to another question I have. I had my book formatted for epub and mobi by a professional service. Now, I need to edit the book due to further proofreading. Can you or someone tell me the simplest way to get into the epub document and make changes? How much of HTML and CSS do I need to know to accomplish this? Thanks, Rafael
Frequent Contributor
555aaa
0 Kudos

That won't work. Basically, you can't do it as long as you have a reflowable book. It has to be fixed-format.