New User
Rontiara
0 Kudos

How does a customer replace a bad version of an ebook?

I'm new to PubIt, and I uploaded an ebook for sale without realizing there were problems with it.  I subsequently discovered the errors and fixed them, and uploaded a new version -- but before I uploaded the new version, a customer purchased and downloaded the bad version.  Deleting it from his Nook and downloading again didn't work.  How can he get a clean version of the book without having to purchase it again?

Thanks...........

Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

Re: How does a customer replace a bad version of an ebook?

Usually putting the book into "Archive" for an hour or so works for me. After this time, I re-download it and its usually the revised version. I have had to repeat this process at least twice on one book, before I was able to get the newer version.

It would be nice if it would automatically update the contents when you sync your nook with BN. (hint, hint)

Melissa

New User
rlherron
0 Kudos

NEWEST reichold street cover100x150.jpg

I have the same issue. My book "Reichold Street" (a 2012 Readers Favorite Gold Medal Winner) was revised to fix missed typos, and provide more authentic (to a wartime scene) dialogue in the last several chapters. I have wondered how B&N would handle making the revised e-Book available to people who had purchased it earlier.

Amazon allows it via their "Manage Your Kindle" page, where revised content is listed, and may be downloaded free (since they already bought it once).

Does B&N and PubIt! have a similar feature? I can't find it online, if they do.

Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

No. Unfortunately, BN doesn't offer the same service. Any books you've sold up to the revision you uploaded will stay the same.

Hope this helps