New User
LightheartedCD
0 Kudos

How to upload enhanced eBooks for Nook Kids

I want to upload an enhanced eBook in fixed layout with audio for Nook Kids, but can't figure out how to do that. According to customer support I can't upload an enhanced file through Pubit, so they referred me to BNkidsebooks who sent an automated message saying "At this time we are not providing details about how to develop digital picture books in our proprietary NOOK kids format which supports our exclusive features. However, we are currently developing tools that will allow independent publishers to publish their digital picture books in our proprietary format."

Enhanced eBooks are available through Nook Kids (see On the Night You Were Born) so there must be a way to upload mine.

I'd be very grateful if someone could advise me how to do this.

Thanks very much!

Correspondent
Strayer
0 Kudos

Re: How to upload enhanced eBooks for Nook Kids

Pubit doesn't offer enhanced to us. I did simple text one one page and a picture on the next. It is a free service to publish. I am satisfied with the result of the simple format book. My reader doesn't read yet. I understand wanting to do the whole nine yards, but you have to have a major publisher who will work with B&N on it. Kids like stories.
New User
LightheartedCD
0 Kudos

So, the enhanced eBooks currently offered on Nook Kids are only for titles from larger publishers? That's a shame - just had the conversion company create the fixed layout file for my book.

Correspondent
Strayer
0 Kudos

Yes. I'm sorry you have the fancy version. It may come in handy later. I hope you upload the simple version. In Pubit kid books, we need the company. It's lonely in kid books. Ask questions if you need. Someone will help.
BN_AlexG
Topics: 68
Kudos: 519
Solutions: 41
0 Kudos

Contributor
happycampers2
0 Kudos

I own a small publishing company for children's books and while we have had wonderful success selling our ebooks via PubIt, we have had zero success getting our enhanced books available on Barnes and Noble.com.  We received the posted message above as well stating that they are woking on a toolkit for the community to use to release enhanced books on Pubit, but that was well over a year ago.  We sell our enhanced books with games and read-to-me content very well in the android app store as well as in the Apple app store.  With over 900,000 enhanced books and apps sold, you would think we could get Barnes and Noble's attention to let us develop them for the Nook kids platform.  Alas, no such luck so far.