Frequent Contributor
JimJoe
0 Kudos

I Ship to my local B&N store ?

[ Edited ]

I've looked all over the web site here. No books suggest it as one way to buy a book. Is it possible to ship to the local B&N from this web site ?

Thanks !

I tried to post this further up the page in Ask the Community, and the web page said it couldn't do my request.

Let me set my own genre suggestions. Owner of 3 ereaders.
Correspondent
Strayer
0 Kudos

Re: I Ship to my local B&N store ?

You order books from B&N. Or buy them at a store. To do Pubit, you upload to Pubit and your ebbok will be on B&N online. If you have a paper book and use B&N, it will be online.
Frequent Contributor
JimJoe
0 Kudos

Ah, too bad. I am moving in 2014 to an area that has a close by competitor who does have web site to store less than 20 minutes away. For B&N, I would have to drive over an hor away, one way, to order a book to go to the store. I was concerned about possible theft of an order. In my current apartment, I can get an ordered item to the apartment management office.

And for publishing, I do have some items I would love to publish.

Frequent Contributor
TSCerys
0 Kudos

You can order a book and have it sent to the store.  You can probably just call the store and ask them to do it for you, too.  No need to go in if you don't want to.

Also, have you looked into a PO Box if you're worried about mail theft?  If you live in a remote area, it's typically very cheap(no idea on the specifics, but around me it's like $40 a year).  Find some rural post office nearby(you can check USPS for these) and check the price of a PO Box and it might be worth the money to guarantee safe delivery of your mail if you're worried about stuff getting lost/stolen/whatever.  It's a pretty good investment, honestly, especially if the alternative is driving an hour to go pick up books.

Frequent Contributor
JimJoe
0 Kudos

I contacted B&N customer service to. They said I had to go to the sotre to ship to the store. BooksAmillion has web site to store. They are much closer than B&N is to my current location and where I'm moving to. If Wal-Mart can figure out how to do it, then B&N shoiuld be able to do so. I think it would help their bottom line. As for the post office box in the area I'm moving to, the post office is further was than the BaM store is.

Frequent Contributor
TSCerys
0 Kudos

I'd still try calling the actual store, to be honest.  I know that customer service might have said they don't do it, and that's their typical protocol, but if you talk to the store manager or possibly just a regular employee, they can usually make exceptions if you explain your situation.

It doesn't hurt to ask.  The store manager -wants- your business, too.  I mean, I don't work for B&N or anything, but I bet there's a very high probability that if you call the store, talk to the manager, and ask, they'll order it.  They really have nothing to lose by doing it.  If you don't pick up your book in a timely manner, all they do is eventually put it on the shelves again.  It's about 0 effort for them to order it and have it come in on a shipment, either.  As long as it's a "mainstream" book, then someone will buy it.  If you start ordering copies of self-published books and then "coincidentally" don't go pick them up, that'd be kind of fishy, but if you grab a copy of The Hunger Games or something, they -will- sell it no matter what.

Frequent Contributor
JimJoe
0 Kudos

The ones I have been ordering recently are languages of my ancestors, which can be ratrher expensive, and computer books not carried by the store.

I'm sure the local store would as I've done it before. My problem in 2014 will e the distance to that store, and the neighborhood. Not that I think the closeby neighbors would be a problem, I don't, but someone driving by might just take the oppourtunity.