New User
Eli-Hinze
0 Kudos

I deleted my book, but it's still showing up.

I've been very irritated with PubIt! recently. I've had many problems with making updates to my book, having the changes displayed, etc.

I recently took one of my books off sale, yet it is still showing up on Barnesandnoble.com. 

Does anyone know why this is happening? PubIt! won't respond to any of my emails, and I'm considering leaving PubIt! altogether. Still, I would like not to.

Can anyone help me?

Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

Re: I deleted my book, but it's still showing up.

I'm sorry you're having such troubles :smileysad: I believe it takes about 12 to 24 hours before any changes we make to our books actually show up on BN's site. But if you're in here, that probably means its already been longer than that . . . there's really nothing we can do about it. I would suggest emailing them again and seeing where that gets you. Not that I'd hold my breath that they'll actually respond :smileyfrustrated:

Sorry

New User
Eli-Hinze
0 Kudos

Ah, I guess we'll just have to see. Thanks for your advice!

Reader
JamesEdgerly
0 Kudos

I've seen many replies in here about taking a book off sale, then it mysteriously reappears for sale.  I have a couple versions of my book on PubIt because PubIt would not allow me to upload a corrected version so my only choice was to take the current copy OFF SALE and upload a new copy from scratch.  Out of fear of old copies reappearing I change the Title of that copy of the book to "CORRUPTED FILE -  DO NOT PURCHASE" and up the price to $50 to discourage anyone from downloading it just to see what happens.  Should an old copy mysteriously reappear I doubt anybody will buy it.

Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

Ha! Thats actually funny :smileyvery-happy: A really good idea, but funny! The price alone would deter me from buying!