Frequent Contributor
jalb
0 Kudos

I know Authors have different expectations about sales...

50 copies a month would please some and horrify others, but what about the ratio of sales on different websites, say Amazon to B&N? I've noticed that I'm selling approx. 25 to 1 (Amazon to B&N). I wonder if the ratio is that great for other authors? I've also noticed that googling my books brings up many listings at Amazon but none at B&N...I've emailed cust. support and was told that B&N doesn't know how Google does rankings. Well, I don't either but it seems to me that a B&N page for my book would make it in somewhere? It doesn't as far as I can see.

I would like to hear other people's experience with this issue. thanks

Distinguished Correspondent
Shopaholic
0 Kudos

Re: I know Authors have different expectations about sales...

I have noticed the same thing about Google.  My listings on Amazon come up but my B&N ones are nowhere to be found.  It's just like searching on bn.com versus amazon.com with keywords/tags, etc.  Such a huge difference!  B&N really needs to pick things up.

My sales have also been better at Amazon, about 5 to 1 over B&N.  Why?  It's just a guess, but I think it's because readers can find my books a lot easier through Amazon.  I know they are working on it, but how long will it take for the kinks to get worked out?

Secrets  

Promises 

http://willowwriter.blogspot.com 

"You found the bandages inside the pen/ And the stitches on the radio." - Gaslight Anthem

Follow my blog at http://willowwriter.blogspot.com
Frequent Contributor
Ms_Kitty
0 Kudos

Oddly enough - I sell twice as many books on B&N as on Amazon.

I don't understand it either - because my book has been on Amazon since August, while it has been on B&N since January.

My guess is the two sites have different demographics - so the books sell at different rates.

Frequent Contributor
tjatkins
0 Kudos

I sell way more books on B&N than I do Amazon.  

Google's rankings are a combination of things.  The most important being how many other sites out there link to the website.  Amazon is more popular than Barnes & Noble on the Internet, so I am quite sure that they are going to have a lot more people that have links to Amazon.

Amazon has a head start basically.  If you have a book called the valentine candy murder on both sites and do a Google search for that phrase, the Amazon one will always come up first.

Frequent Contributor
jalb
0 Kudos

but in my case, there are NO B&N listings, for any of my books

Frequent Contributor
2ndhandstory
0 Kudos

My Amazon sales are at 586 so far this month and my B&N are at 137 total so far this month, its a little sad.

Zombie Fallout

Zombie Fallout 2 : A Plague Upon your Family

Zombie Fallout 3:  Coming soon!!