Contributor
TomVonDeck
0 Kudos

I was fooled! Live Chat Support is a Lie!

[ Edited ]

I thought they finally offered tech support with Nook Press, so I spent hours setting up a title after being off Nook for a while. When I had a problem and talked to live chat, they said they can only help with "site navigation" and cannot help with technical issues. They then gave me an email address to contact. Those were a few hours I could not afford to spend. This is the whole reason I left Pubit in the first place. Hopefully this form might help with some things. 

Note to newbies: Pubit never responded to emails. I've been waiting months for responses to a couple tech support questions. 

Contributor
TomVonDeck
0 Kudos

Re: I was fooled! Live Chat Support is a Lie!

Breaking news: Nook Press's email support team finally exists! Less than 24 hour turnaround.

The only problem is that they didn't read my question and instructed me to click "preview book" to preview the book and that was it. Very strange. 

Frequent Contributor
EinsteinPD
0 Kudos

That is what happens when you have contact people whose native language is not English. I advise sending the question again. And again. My question is over a week old, here it is- "Why is it my BandN ebook paid sales are not being Reported? Please correct this situation, thank you." No reply.

No reply, no correction, no sales. Later on, no NookPress. Why bother publishing and wasting time checking for sales, when there never is any? Prior to NookPress there were sales, since NookPress no sales! can this be called progress? I do not think so.

Here is another picture from my ebook "Principles of Flight." Someone please buy it and let me know, thanks.

Schematic of a jet aircraft.

ijet plane.jpg

Frequent Contributor
1001nights
0 Kudos

LOL. Don't feel bad. I was fooled too. I'm sure many were...

Don't be fooled by email "support" either. A computer program will scan your email for a few key words, and paste back a set script. Not even a relevant script, odds are.

Sorry. 

Meet the new boss--same as the old boss.

Contributor
Popnfresh100
0 Kudos

I thought that at first, too, but I actually had two different chat sessions with the support team today.

They weren't able to solve my problems (they just provided a lot of basic information I already knew), but they were polite and I connected almost immediately.

I'd actually recommend the feature- talking to a person who can't help is faster and much less frustrating than reading a whole manual and realizing the answer wasn't in there.

Frequent Contributor
1001nights
0 Kudos

True--however, I submit that chatting to someone who CAN help would be even less frustrating than chatting to someone who can NOT help.

I mean--no matter how fast you connected to them, if they didn't solve your problem, overall, it was still a waste of time. I think the chat responders are sometimes people, sometimes not (I've had both--one clearly human, one obviously a computer script)--but when you get to an actual person, all they can 'help' with is things like dispensing information freely available on their site. If you have an actual problem with your account or your products--which is, after all, a likely reason for contacting their support--all they can do is tell you email nookpress, and then if you do, you either get no answer or you get a cut-and-paste based on some key words that doesn't address your question.

I feel for the actual humans who are on the chat board--it must be a horrible job to sit there all day and be unable to help people, when your job is to help people. I get that it's not their personal fault--they have no information or power. But it's a stretch to call that service "support" when they can't actually offer any support. In that sense, yes, it's a lie. And the false hope offered is a slap in the face.

Contributor
Popnfresh100
0 Kudos

Well, if you're looking for someone who actually CAN help you with your problems, I find these boards are a good place for that :smileylol:

What are you struggling with?

Frequent Contributor
1001nights
0 Kudos

If you could help, that would be marvelous! We have about 6 titles that have reviews posted, that don't show up in the star ratings average or in the overall count at the top of the page. They're there at the bottom--but not tallied or averaged correctly up top.

We also have one reviewer from a respected review site who has been trying in vain to post a review on one of our titles. He's done Books 2 and 3, but can't get one to post on Book 1. He has tried contacting Nook support himself, but--strangely--has gotten no answer.