Contributor
Gooberella
0 Kudos

ISBN question

Hi,

I've just put my book through pubit and it is currently processing. My question is regarding the ISBN of my printed book version.  The directions stated that I could not use my printed book's ISBN for the electronic version of my book however, there would be a place where I could enter my published book's ISBN in order for the published version to be linked with the electronic version. 

I did not see any place to enter my book version ISBN. Could someone please tell me where to find the place to enter it?

thanks

Gooberella
New User
SolomonAG
0 Kudos

Re: ISBN question

I have asked Pubit support the same question and have not received a reply.

The only field I see in the Pubit info form is the one that asks if you have a print version and asks for the number of pages of the printed version. 

Does anyone know how B&N links the nook version to the printed version?

Contributor
Gooberella
0 Kudos

hi,

They answered me via email. They told me to make sure that my author name and book name for my printed version and ebook version match identically. Also, if you used a middle inital in one, then use it in the other as well. If things are identical then they will be matched in the system in a few days. It worked for me :smileyhappy:

Gooberella
New User
SolomonAG
0 Kudos

Thanks for letting me know. Unfortunately, I did not use my middle initial since there was no field for a middle initial. I have written to them to ask them to correct this, since for some reason the Pubit website is not allowing me to change it.

For my next title I am putting my first name and middle initial in the box for first name.

New User
Mitchell_Layne_Cook
0 Kudos

I'm having the same issue!  I'll double check the search results again to see if anyone has come up with an answer.

For my hard copy of my book, I used my name "Mitchell Layne Cook".

However, there was no way to enter "Layne" in the setup process.

Hmmmm...I wonder how I get my print copy and epub linked then.  I did send an email to publiserautheroinquiry@bn.com (as instructed by the help desk).

Mitchell Layne Cook
Author of Z1N1: The Zombie Pandemic
New User
SolomonAG
0 Kudos

I had an additional complication which had to be solved before the print and nook version could be linked.  Maybe you have this same issue.

My print versions were published before nook books existed and were classified as "text books" rather than books. As the author and publisher, I did not elect this classification.  It was done unilaterally by bn.com.  It did not make a difference to me at the time as the titles are often used as texts.

However, when the nook versions were created and uploaded, I was told by Pubit that they could link the nook to the printed version but not vice versa, as they do not link the nook version of a "text book" to the printed version. This greatly impeded the marketing of the nook version as the link from the print version to the nook version is the most important link, especially for those shopping for a "text book" that has been in print for years.

I emailed corrections@bn.com and requested that my books be re-classified as "books" rather than as "text books" and that the printed versions be linked to the nook versions. They did this and now all is well.

Allan Goodman