New User
titanic52
0 Kudos

Images not resizing to device size in Nook for Mac, Nook for Android

Using Nook for Mac, Nook for iPad, Nook for Android, and Adobe Digital Editions.

The image is truncated/cropped, you can not double click, it does not scale to device size. Images range in size, the largest is 550x678.

In all previewers, the image top left is shown, the right side and bottom is cut off. I can not scroll or resize.

Am I missing an instruction somewhere? The same document works correctly in Kindle (as .mobi) and iBooks (.ePub).

Thank you in advance!

New User
ReyaK
0 Kudos

Re: Images not resizing to device size in Nook for Mac, Nook for Android

I am having a similar problem, hopefully this reply will bump this thread up!

I'm designing an ebook which has about 120 images. So far it's been published for Kindle and as an epub elsewhere. The images are an adequate size in those formats and readers, though compromised some for quality so the book size is not massive. It previews fine on nook for PC, but the images come out TINY on nook for iPad. And there is no zoom feature in the nook! This is a technical book and the images are important to the content.

The same book file on the same iPad looks fine in BlueFire, iBooks, and Kindle. Why is nook on the iPad rendering these images so small, and what can I do about it? Short of the nuclear option of replacing all images with larger versions, if I have them, and making a massive file...

Thanks in advance!

Contributor
happycampers2
0 Kudos

I too have noticed this problem using the Nook app on the iPad.  It seems to work just fine on the iPad 2, but the new ipads with the increased resolution do not display properly at all.  I have no trouble at all with my books that are formatted specifically for the iPad and sold through the iBookstore.  It’s only when using the nook app that we have a problem.

New User
ReyaK
0 Kudos

ASDAuthor, thanks, I do have the newest iPad so that confirms what you're saying. It does look fine in iBooks, Kindle for iPad (and all others in the Previewer), and BlueFire on iPad, but not nook for iPad.

Just a little follow up. I asked someone I know who has developed many more ebooks than I have, and he confirmed that the nook for iPad app makes the images show up smaller than the other apps. It's an idiosyncrasy, which coupled with the lack of a zoom feature, makes me hesitate to publish this book with PubIt. It's got a LOT of pictures and illustrations that are essential to the understanding of the content.

He said it probably looks fine on nook color, but this book is for pilots, and iPads are their thing.