Administrator
NOOKPress_Admin
0 Kudos

Re: Is PubIt! a good idea?

You can certainly sell your eBooks at other retailers as well.

"Publisher grants Barnes & Noble the non-exclusive and irrevocable rights set forth in this Section VII on a worldwide basis;..."

Here is a link to our "Terms & Conditions" page, which explains in greater detail:
http://pubit.barnesandnoble.com/pubit_app/bn?t=reg_terms_print

Also, please note the following service policies:

"Publisher will, at all times, ensure that the eBook List Price:

1. Is no greater than the eBook's List Price at any other retailer, website, or sales channel.
   2. Is no greater than the eBook's print edition (if applicable)."

Thanks!

The PubIt! Team

Correspondent
Strayer
0 Kudos

I have a book on Pubit! and nowhere else.

I won't publish at Amazon because they have the right to set the list price. That means they can set the price of an ebook lower than anywhere else.  That undercuts BN if they set your book's price lower.

Does anyone know if you can give your ebook to libraries only for free and not anywhere else.

I read about Axis 360 and hope that takes off.

Contributor
native_son
0 Kudos

I would have to say no. I had high hopes starting out for my own book, but for some strange reason BN wouldn't even give my book a free sample button so that prospective readers might check it out before committing to a purchase. Sales have been very difficult to come by as a result. Emails sent to Pubit! have all gone unanswered. Amazon on the other hand has been great and sales there have been consistent. It's almost as if Pubit! is indifferent. My advice would be not even to waste your time. They clearly don't give a damn about authors choosing to publish on their platform.

Distinguished Wordsmith
TylerAE
0 Kudos

Okay, so I'm halfway through a manuscript. Once I finish editing and all, I plan to pursue agents and publishing houses. If I'm querying agents, should I have my book on Pubit! at the same time? Or should I pull it off for exclusives and other various reasons? 

Correspondent
Strayer
0 Kudos

Make sure your ms is in the best shape possible before you do anything.

It is better to self publish now.

Agents and publishers don't take on a lot of new writers and not in this economy.

Good luck and post when you upload or if you need any help uploading.