Contributor
TheLadyWrites
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Is free possible

I have a short story book series I want to make free only to Nook readers. I was hoping to do so with this first book, but I couldn't identify a manner in which to make that possible. 

Correspondent
Strayer

Re: Is free possible

You have to use Smashwords. You can opt out of every place except B&N. You can set the book for free there. If you are going to use it, register and download the PDF on formatting. I simplified it for my book because I just uploaded there to have my book put on other ereaders. At B&N, you have to set a price.
Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith

Contributor
TheLadyWrites
0 Kudos

Thank you both. I'm trying to change my title on my pubit side so I can pull it, but it's still process, likely b/c I've got it posted to smash free :smileysad: Does anyone have another idea how to deal w/ this? 

New User
LesaFuchsCarter
0 Kudos

Doesn't amazon still do price matching?  If they see that your book is going free here they may make it free on amazon too.

Correspondent
Strayer
0 Kudos

In Smashwords, you can opt out. A book can be put on B&N only.
Frequent Contributor
SF50
0 Kudos

LesaFuchsCarter: Yes. They most likely would. It's all automatic.
SF
eB Format - eBook Conversion Services

LesaFuchsCarter wrote:

Doesn't amazon still do price matching?  If they see that your book is going free here they may make it free on amazon too.

Correspondent
Strayer
0 Kudos

I didn't know if you were pubbing the book only at B&N. If you are also going to put it on Amazon, then SF50 steered you in the right direction.
Reader
RachelleAyalaCC
0 Kudos

Does B&N also do automatic price-match of Smashwords or do you have to e-mail them and tell them it is free on Smashwords. How long will it take them to price-match and make it free?

Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

No, BN does not price match. If you want free on BN, you need to go through Smashwords and have them distribute to BN for you

Reader
RachelleAyalaCC
0 Kudos

Thanks. looks like I have to take it off pubit and add it from Smashwords then.