New User
kwamp
0 Kudos

Is there actually a way to make Tables of Contents for Nook books?

I'm baffled at the difficulty of making a table of contents for a Nook book.  Making one for the Kindle is pretty easy.  But Nook?  Absolutely not.

First I tried making internal hyperlinks, since the FAQ said those are fine.  Nope.  They only link back to the previous page in the book.  The very same file, with the very same hyperlinks, works perfectly on the Kindle.  Why, pray tell, do they not work on the Nook?

Then I tried using third party software programs like Calibre and Sigil.  Neither one works, nor have I found anything positive about any other programs working.

I'm fully convinced there is no actual way of making a Table of Contents for Nook books, that the B&N powers-that-be are pulling everyone's leg.  Perhaps Nook is trying to send the message that they don't want indie books on their site, and that's fine, I'll give my business to Amazon. 

But, seriously, does anyone know a way to make interactive TOCs that actually, truly, really, finally does work?!

Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

Re: Is there actually a way to make Tables of Contents for Nook books?

All of my nook books have fully functioning TOC's that work. It takes some work, but it can be done.

if you need a walk through, just contact me via personal message.

New User
RL-Kiser
0 Kudos

P!ease! Tell me how. Can't seem to contact you w/o joining Facebook (I hate FB). r.l.kiser@live.com
Pubit is Frustrating!
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

RL-

I'll be sending you an email.

Reader
ClassicReaderBW
0 Kudos

I could use some help as well. maybe you could copy that email to me as well.
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

I can help :smileyhappy: You can either post your email here or post it in a private message.

*Private messages are the little white envelopes up by your name :smileyhappy: