Contributor
Annie-B
0 Kudos

Line spacing issues, font substitutions

So far, I have managed to find solutions to all my problems when I view previews of my ebook on the various Nook ereaders. However, when I solved my line-spacing problem for the Color and Tablet by using  the Publisher Defaults function, it had the adverse effect of altering my serif font to sans serif, except where I'd used italics. Serif italics really look stupid with otherwise sans serif text, plus I know that for book-length fiction, serif is much easier on the eyes and that's the way I want my book to present, even if a reader chooses another font later.

I even tried converting the Times New Roman font in my text to Georgia, which is a font offered on the Tablet, but that was also converted to a san serif font. Is there any way to fix the line spacing problem without causing fonts to be substituted?

Correspondent
Strayer
0 Kudos

Re: Line spacing issues, font substitutions

I used Courier New Regular 12 pt.
I did .15 spacing.
I doubt this helps.
Frequent Contributor
cale
0 Kudos

Re: Line spacing issues, font substitutions

[ Edited ]

Download Sigil (free ePub editor). Open the file with Sigil and search through the CSS for ANY mention of fonts inlcuding "serif" and delete them except for Courier or monospace. Also delete anything pertaining to line spacing.