Frequent Contributor
SF50
0 Kudos

Multiple volumes, one page?

So one of my titles has a volume 1 and a volume 2. They are separate books. Originally they had their own page and were only linked by author name, as it should be. I'm not sure how long it's been this way, but today I discover they list on one page but as secondary formats? .. Why would they do that? . Has anyone else had this problem?

When I click on author name, I expect all titles to appear but since the 2 volumes (not 2 editions of one book mind you) are listed on one page, it only shows one title for those two volumes. I know I have 2 volumes and it took me 5 minutes to find the second one, how is someone who doesn't know about the second volume expected to find it? .. Anyone had any experience with this and their books, were they able to get them re-separated again?

Correspondent
Strayer
0 Kudos

Re: Multiple volumes, one page?

The only thing I can think of is to put a different title on volume 2. It could be some tech thingy that doesn't distinguish the volume 1 and volume 2. It could have gotten fouled up that way.

As it is now, you need people to be able to find volume 2.

Frequent Contributor
SF50
0 Kudos

Re: Multiple volumes, one page?

My competition has multiple volumes, a lot, like 5 of 6 .. all named the same except the # at the end and he has separate pages for his. It's weird and highly annoying. Some people seem to be finding the second volume since it is selling a little, or they're accidentally getting the second one.. I have no way of knowing. .. I appreciate the suggestion but renaming isn't an option - I like the uniformity of my titles having the same name here.. Amazon.. Apple.. etc. Hopefully BN Customer service gets my email up in their queue soon and are able to rectify it for me. :smileyhappy: