Inspired Contributor
TheReluctantCritic
0 Kudos

My Author and Book URL's Are Gone, and NOT Searchable

Others might want to check. My author name and book titles are no longer searchable on BN.com. My books still show as active in PubIt, and direct links from there do work. But the associated URL's are also gone.

I've sent an email to support, but in one year of doing business with B&N I've NEVER received a response.

Frequent Contributor
1001nights
0 Kudos

Re: My Author and Book URL's Are Gone, and NOT Searchable

It's just not you.

We found 0 results for "stephen king".

I can still find my paperbacks by ISBN--but I don't even know the #s of my ebooks. But I can't find anything by title or author. And if I get to a paperback by ISBN and click on the author's name, it doesn't bring up his other books.

Inspired Contributor
TheReluctantCritic
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Well, I sent emails to PubIt support via Facebook and regular email, and PART of my problem has been resolved. My author URL now works, but I'm still unsearchable, as are my books. It looks like they're working on it....

Frequent Contributor
Ebook_Pioneers
0 Kudos

Most of my books are public domain materials, but one of them won't come up in a search no matter what. Of the others, only one will show if I search the author's name. All but the one will show if I search for the book's name. But if I include the author's name along with the book's name, I get nothing.

Well, that's B&N for you unfortunately.
We do eBook formatting!
Inspired Contributor
TheReluctantCritic
0 Kudos

Okay, I performed searches, and everything is functioning normally again. Now if B&N would only adopt tags....

Anyway....

Thanks, PubIt!

Frequent Contributor
1001nights
0 Kudos

Hmmm. I still can't find a single book with an author or a title search. Only ISBN. Not mine, not Shakespeare's, not Stephen King's.