Reader
Jimc234London
0 Kudos

My uploaded word doc displays correctly except for just half a page.

Has this happened to anyone else? My book is already on the kindle, but when I upload my doc file the reviewer shows everything ok except for one page where it only displays half the page. The bottom half of the page is blank and then the content starts on the next page. There is no content missing, it just wont display on the bottom on one page. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm using a Mac so I can't use the Nook for PC nor do I have nook reader. I've gone over that one small chapter so many times looking for where the formatting could be wrong, but I'm just not seeing anything that would account for this page not displaying properly.

I'm new here so 'Hi' as well :smileyhappy:

Jim

Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

Re: My uploaded word doc displays correctly except for just half a page.

Hello there Jim :smileyhappy: Nice ta meecha!

And without seeing your book on an actual device, there's no way to know if its just the previewer making your book look wonky, or if there;s something in the code . . . and since you're on a Mac . . . I dunno.

I'm sure someones else will come in and maybe they'll have better advice than myself . . . sorry.

Reader
Jimc234London
0 Kudos

Thanks anyway Melissa.

Frequent Contributor
SF50
0 Kudos

Hey Jimc234London,

If you would like I'll take a look at it and if it is a quick, easy fix, I'll do it for free. Send it via my quote form on my website. - eB Format - eBook formatting and conversions

SF

Jimc234London wrote:

Has this happened to anyone else? My book is already on the kindle, but when I upload my doc file the reviewer shows everything ok except for one page where it only displays half the page. The bottom half of the page is blank and then the content starts on the next page. There is no content missing, it just wont display on the bottom on one page. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm using a Mac so I can't use the Nook for PC nor do I have nook reader. I've gone over that one small chapter so many times looking for where the formatting could be wrong, but I'm just not seeing anything that would account for this page not displaying properly.

I'm new here so 'Hi' as well :smileyhappy:

Jim

New User
doggiesDH
0 Kudos

You said you can display the Word doc greatly except one page. So maybe you can view it in another reader. This can be used to make sure that there is nothing wrong with your doc itself. I did not met this problem but I met similar issue for reading pdf file. It turns out my pdf file is corrupted. Hope it can help you a little. :smileyhappy: