Contributor
starkiller123
0 Kudos

NOOK Press Books on a NOOK

Hi,

I was wondering if it was possible for a collaborator on a NOOK Press project (who owns a NOOK Tablet) to be able to view the project on her NOOK or even download it into her library section to read on the go, and not always have to be at a computer? Or even on a device like an iPad.

Contributor
starkiller123
0 Kudos

Re: NOOK Press Books on a NOOK Device

Just rewording  to clarifiy: viewing a NOOK Press project - not been published yet - on a NOOK device as a collaborater, either for download or through an app, or on any tablet device.

Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

As I've not used any collaborators, I cannot say if they will be allowed to download any work from your account. You can, however, send them an epub that they can then sideload onto their Nook to see how it looks. If that's what you're looking for.

Hope this helps

Contributor
starkiller123
0 Kudos

Can you send them an ePub copy even if the work is not published yet?

Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

As long as you have an epub copy to give, they can sideload it onto their Nook.

Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

BTW, You'll have to email them the epub. Which they will then have to download onto their computer and then move it to their Nook.

Contributor
starkiller123
0 Kudos

Re: NOOK Press Books on a NOOK

OK, can you tell me how to download an ePub copy of an unpublished project? I do not see that option anywhere.

Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

First off, are you uploading a .doc file to NookPress or are you uploading a fully formatted epub? I'm assuming that since you have no idea where to get your epub you've only a .doc file.

If you have access to Pubit, I would say use it to upload and convert your doc to epub. From there you'll see a place where you can download your newly converted epub to check it over. Now, mind you, this will not be properly formatted. It will be a basic epub, and will be ready to read on a Nook, but it will not have an embedded cover, a TOC and you will not be able to access individual chapters or sections.

When you download your epub make sure you save it somewhere you can easily find, like your desktop or a folder you regularly use for such things. You will now email your friend this epub. They willl then open their Nook via usb and open My Files, Book and place your epub in there. After unmounting their Nook from their computer they can open their My Files on their Nook and will be able to find your book and open it up to look it over.

Hope this has helped :smileyvery-happy:

Frequent Contributor
LearningIsland
0 Kudos

The easiest way to do an ePub is to download Calibre. It's a software that will convert a book to ePub for you and save it on your computer, and best of all, it's free. Just type Calibre into your search engine.

Save your word .doc as a web page filtered file. (Click yes when it says it will change everything). Then go into your calibre program and click add. A browser will open and you can add the html document that you just saved. Then click convert book, add your cover and fill out the info on the side (author, publisher, keyswords, nothing too stressfull). Once you click go it will convert it. You will then have an ePub version of your document that should be formatted pretty well. This can also tell you if your book looks good in ePub format.

As a note, the guy who wrote the Calibre software has nothing better to do all day than to tinker with his toy, so you will get notices of new versions of Calibre just about every day. Ignore them. I only download the changes about once a month and it still works fine.