Administrator
NOOKPress_Admin
0 Kudos

NOOK Press Update

Yesterday we released an update for NOOK Press to continue to make self-publishing simple. Some updates you'll see are:

* Recent Sales totals: Totals for sales from today and yesterday have returned! If you've had recent sales, you can quickly view the total units sold and estimated total revenue at the bottom of your Recent Sales report

* Make changes to the NOOK Book Details of Projects you have removed from sale: Simply hit Save at the top of each section once you have made your updates. When you want to put your Project on sale as a NOOK Book, hit Put On Sale on the top right

* Improved look and feel to the NOOK Book Details section: We've updated the design of this section to make it even easier to update your NOOK Book's information.

Happy Publishing!

--The NOOK Press Team

Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith

Re: NOOK Press Update

While we thank you for updating NookPress for easier use, what we really want is to know why, since its implementation, our sales have all but disappeared? Can you address this or send someone in here who can?

We would really appreciate it.

Frequent Contributor
JimLow
0 Kudos

When I posted at my usual infrequency, back when the platform was Pubit!, I began pointing out that some of us have been at publishing long enough, to see very obvious changes in sales trends, whether on the up or down. We don't imagine them and we know when it's not a normal fluctuating -- no obvious reason behind it. I also used to mention the importance for publishers to report unexplainable drops in sales, especially prolonged ones -- this, as opposed to sloughing them off or slighting them. There can be real reasons and possibly ones that can be fixed. So, now as a posting member of the new Nook Press, I appreciate seeing so many fellow publishers expressing concerns about obvious sales decreases, that are not occurring at our other eBook-selling venues.  :smileyhappy:

Correspondent
Strayer
0 Kudos

A few weeks ago I bought a couple of Nook Press mysteries. They were in with the trad pubs. They were displayed just like all the other books. Nice.
Frequent Contributor
TSCerys
0 Kudos

May to September are lower sales months for books in general(standard, though everyone's different).

I'm selling less books on average, but I'm still getting decent sales on a daily basis, too.  If you're not seeing any sales, it could be because of the standard slump that happens most of the time(for decades now) during this time of the year.

Kind of interesting to note, but major publishing houses used to actually close down for ~3 months in the summer because of this.  There was just almost no point in producing books during that time period, because it typically wouldn't work out.  If you worked in publishing, you got a 3 month vacation every year!  Oh man.

I like to think of it as a prep time, though.  Get as much done as possible during the slow season so that you can have lots of stuff out for Christmas and the boom that inevitably comes during that time(if you have a lot of books and good formatting, editing, covers, and all of that).

Frequent Contributor
Windy30
0 Kudos

There is a glitch in your system. Many many authors are experiencing this lack of reporting of sales and sudden reduction of sales at nook, only at nook. My sales have suddenly vanished. Yet, I have certain knowledge of family and friends making the purchases and it is not showing up!
Frequent Contributor
AEplus
0 Kudos

Sales are not showing up for sure. This seems to happen every few months. However I've never had once where BN didn't correct the problem in a reasonable amount of time. :robothappy:

Frequent Contributor
Windy30
0 Kudos

I am with you Mrs. Smith. We really need one of their tech people to tell us what is going on with our sales. Not happening anywhere else so it can't be seasonal and why my sales have dropped suddenly to 1/3 is disturbing.
Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

Thank You, Windy.

I really think if they (NP Admins) scheduled a time when someone would be able to come in here and chat with all of us, I'm sure we could get a lot of questions answered. Not to mention we would all feel much better being heard.

I understand things wouldn't get better overnight, it would be the simple fact that someone actually took the time to listen and maybe work some thigs out that would weigh more with us. I can't imagine it would be all that hard for someone (who would know what they're talking about) to sit down with us and chat. I remember when we all became quite excited when they announced they were giving us a chat feature in NP. The only thing is that it seems to be run by nincompoops who have no answers and have no idea who or where to direct us. Email seems to be our only real course of action but even that's hit and miss most times.

Seriously, it can't be that hard to find people to help us. Hell, we have no idea whats goin' on behind that thick curtain but even we can seem to help each other most of the time.