Administrator
NOOKPress_Admin
0 Kudos

NOOK Press Update

We've recently made some updates to NOOK Press to improve your self-publishing experience!

Now you can edit your Manuscripts that are already on sale as NOOK Books -- without creating a new Project or removing it from sale.

To start using NOOK Press, go to www.nookpress.com and click “Get Started”. Create a NOOK Press account and easily sync your PubIt! account to transfer all of your PubIt! account, title, and sales information.

http://www.nookpress.com

Best wishes,

The NOOK Press Team

Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

Re: NOOK Press Update

Frequent Contributor
TomRichardson
0 Kudos

I'm sorry to be the skunk at the garden party, but until you fix the bugs in Manuscript Editor, I'm sticking with HTML, Total Validator, Calibre, EPUBCHECK--and Pubit. That way, I know that my readers are buying an EPUB file with no junk inserted into it.

Contributor
Annie-B
0 Kudos

I'm far from caring about a NP update, when I can't even get my PubIt! account to sync with Nook Press. I have emailed and emailed and emailed and I get no viable response (by that I mean, "Try it again" or "You must be using the wrong password" are not the answers to the problem!) I've lost track of the number of times I've tried to sync over the past two weeks. I know my password is correct, because if it wasn't, I wouldn't be able to log on to my B&N account. Since NP Help is no help, are there any users out there who may have a solution?

Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

Are you using a google account? I know that there were issues for those who use gmail for their email. If so, maybe try using another email account.

Not sure if this helped or not, but maybe someone else will come in and have a better answer .

New User
piesquared
0 Kudos

I started in Nook Press and published Wednesday. The book went up today and I found a couple of small errors in the manuscript to fix. Since Nook Press has not updated its Support info, I followed the instructions to take the book off sale, fix the manuscript and repub. Which I tried. Even got the same answer from the live person online. I have tried 3 times taking the book down and putting back up a corrected verison. It keeps loading the original epub file that has the errors. Book is down now. How do I get it to take the updated manuscript instead! Driving me bonkers!

Thank you for any help.

Frequent Contributor
LearningIsland
0 Kudos

THANK YOU! This really helps a LOT.

Correspondent
Strayer
0 Kudos

I wrote about this a few weeks ago. It's in the Nook press announcement thread. You have to sign into Pubit, not Nook press. Scroll down and click on the get new account. That is where you sign in. The first sign in is for Nook press, not Pubit.

You don't have a Nook press account yet, so the password is wrong for it. That's why it says wrong password. Your Pubit account isn't synched yet.

I did this and it worked. I was confused at first.

Hope this helps.

New User
piesquared
0 Kudos

Patience is a virtue. I tried a last time -- using instructions in the NP Update, then called it a night. I wasn't able to successfully change the price like I wanted, but this morning the online book is fixed.

Contributor
Annie-B
0 Kudos

I am not trying to use a gmail account to make the sync from PubIt! to NP (as suggested by Mrs-Smith), or even trying to go to straight to NP. I use the "box" that appears when you first try to log in to PubIt! I put in my PubIt! login info (my email address, my b&n password), then proceed with the new NP login, giving my name, new password etc, and every single time, the message says that my b&n login info is not accurate. So following the procedure b&n has established, it just isn't working, and hasn't worked for at least 12 tries!

NP Help responded that they couldn't help unless I sent them a screenshot, which I did, and then I never heard another peep from them.

If anyone else has another suggestion that doesn't involve me setting up a complete new account, I'd like to hear it. Thanks!

Contributor
Annie-B
0 Kudos

No, no gmail account. I'm doing it exactly per the instructions that pop up when I login to PubIt!. I even went directly to www.nookpress.com and tried going in that way. Always still get the error message that my PubIt! login info is not correct. If that was the case, then I wouldn't be able to login to PubIt! either, yet I do.

Contributor
clarknight
0 Kudos

Exactly same problem! So weird.

Contributor
clarknight
0 Kudos

Doesnt work

Contributor
clarknight
0 Kudos

Dont click the 'I have a pubit account' box. I  just tried to sync with it checked and got rejected. Now wihout out box checked something happens, maybe profress; says to watch e-mail for confirm. Then will see it they sync.

Frequent Contributor
dmnelson
0 Kudos

What you need to do is improve the publicity experience. There needs to be an easier way for readers to find our books. When I scan for mine, assuming I don't have a title and am looking for a crime novel, I'd have to plow through hundreds of books even when I try to use search words.  Give us some quick publicity when our books come out. Send emails to buyers who have bought other books by us. Do something - please.