Frequent Contributor
JeremyCesarec
0 Kudos

NOOK Press is now on Facebook!

[ Edited ]

We're excited to announce the launch of our NOOK Press Facebook community, where you’ll find marketing tips, inspiration and discussion around promoting your titles creatively.

Simply go here to "like" the page and take part in the discussion!

Reader
Stephen_Hazlett

Re: PubIt! is now on Facebook!

Since this post names you as the administrator, can you help with how to connect to the Pubit support team (email or phone) with questions about submissions of eBooks to Pubit? I have an issue that I would like to have resolved.

Thanks,

Stephen Hazlett

3 books submitted to Pubit:

- City Different

- Nina's Time

- A Private War

New User
mind-dauber
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

Sorry, this is not related to your Facebook announcement but I find it annoying that there is no 'contact us' or 'feedback' link on the Pub-it logon for publishers. I was trying to save a new cover on one of my books and could not save it. It seems the button to 'Save' is not active. This is the second time I've had issues with the functioning of the website and FAQs do not always help. I'm the administrator of a website and know that there are times when things go wrong and it is useful to all when users can report such problems. Thanks for listening to me whine.

Reader
Stephen_Hazlett
0 Kudos

I too have had issues with uploading covers. I would browse to the cover image, but when I clicked on Upload, the cover wouldn't appear. I realized it was because of the size requirements they post ("Please make sure that your cover image is a JPG file between 5KB and 2MB. The sides must be between 750 pixels and 2000 pixels in length.") In my case, one of my covers was too small (less that 750 pixels); in another case, the cover was too large (greater than 2MB). For the too-small image, I was able to resize it in Paint (Paint.net). This caused a slight blurring, which I fixed in Picasa by "sharpening." For the too-large image, I found a website (shrinkpictures.com) that will resize the image down to about 1MB. In both cases I was then able to upload my image.

Hope this helps.

New User
sunsunLM
0 Kudos

"Please make sure that your cover image is a JPG file between 5KB and 2MB. The sides must be between 750 pixels and 2000 pixels in length." I did all of this & it still could not upload cover art; I went to shrinkpictures.com (no success) & tinyPic.com (no success) - what to do? thanks!

Contributor
ChrisHoward
0 Kudos

Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

sunsunLM wrote:

I did all of this & it still could not upload cover art; I went to shrinkpictures.com (no success) & tinyPic.com (no success) - what to do? thanks!

There must be some other issue. I have uploaded jpeg book images 720X960 with no problem.  It worked fine with all 12 books that I have published.

I would assume it should show some error if there is a specific problem.  Wonder if there is problem with locating the file path from your computer... Good luck!

Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

JeremyCesarec wrote:

We're excited to announce the launch of our PubIt! Facebook community, where you’ll find marketing tips, inspiration and discussion around promoting your titles creatively.

Simply go here to "like" the page and take part in the discussion!

Good to know. I did join this useful place. Please anyone suggest any other places to share info about NOOK books. Thanks.

Inspired Contributor
TheReluctantCritic

Do you answer author queries on Facebook? Cause you guys sure as hell don't answer them here...

Frequent Contributor
1001nights
0 Kudos

No, but I've seen authors/publishers post complaints on their wall.

They get deleted.

Contributor
blahblahblahBS
0 Kudos

Does this mean Facebook will stop working properly as well?

Contributor
candiannation

Is it possible to find customer service there? I sure can't seem to find it via pubit.com...

Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

All I really expect these boards to be more active. Rather than complaining about BN, we the authors and readers should be able to help each other. I don't see much interaction; and don't see any reason why these can't be active like kindle boards!!!

Frequent Contributor
1001nights
0 Kudos

Sorry, no, it isn't. They will ignore you there just the way they do with every other email address.

I'm shocked at how PubIt treats publishers.

Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

I agree these boards are not active at all and BN sales have gone down for some reason.

But I still feel the same as far as boards are concerned. Rather than complaining about BN, we the authors and readers should be able to help each other. I don't see much interaction; and don't see any reason why these can't be active like kindle boards!!!

Contributor
BookWorm713

While it's nice that you're on FACEBOOK I think all of us would likie to have an answer on WHAT HAPPENED TO THE SALES?
CHRISTYDAVISBOOKS.COM
New User
Heroines-in-Love
0 Kudos

Looks like new posts and private messages are disabled on Nook Press. I'm assuming this is because of issues self-pub authors have asked about.