Frequent Contributor
TomRichardson
0 Kudos

New CEO says: B&N will continue making Nooks

Frequent Contributor
LearningIsland

Re: New CEO says: B&N will continue making Nooks

I read through the reader comments at the bottom, and it was very interesting. A lot of people seemed to be saying that they like the device, but not the system running on it. They would immediately download a different one.

I hope the design team reads the comments and/or starts asking cunosumers, and small/indie publishers for that matter, what they really want rather than trying to guess what is important. A couple of comments also said how difficult it was to locate books in the B&N online store. Hm, maybe that's why sales are down.

I find it interesting to note that B&N is reporting that ebook sales are down 20 - 25%. Many of us have noticed that as well. Hopefully B&N will figure out what the customers want and start giving it to them so sales go back up. 

Contributor
Robertjm
0 Kudos

I'd suggest perhaps eBook sales are down because it seems like eBook prices are many times only a few pennies below the cost of a physically printed book, which makes absolutely no sense.

Distinguished Correspondent
javabird
0 Kudos

That's an interesting article. Given that it's on arstechnica, most of the commenters are going to be more into tech and want to root their devices, but I would be willing to bet the average user doesn't care, they just want it to work.

I'm also confused about the comments from people saying they have to use a Kindle to check out library books. I have a Nook STwGL and I have no problem checking out library books. And the Overdrive support page says you can also check out books using the Overdrive app. So what am I missing?