Contributor
LizCastro
0 Kudos

No Contact Info in Ebooks??

I just read the FAQ on Content Policy (http://pubit.barnesandnoble.com/pubit_app/bn?t=support) and was surprised to read this:

The information that describes your eBook (Product Data) is also subject to our Content Policy. Please note the following data points that are not permitted in your Product Data:

• Hyperlinks of any kind, including email addresses.
  • Request for action (i.e.: "If you like this book, please write me a review.").
  • Advertisements or promotional material (including author events, seminars, etc.).
  • Contact information for the author or publisher.

Is that for real? Are you saying I can't put contact information for the author or publisher in my ebook??

thanks,

Liz

Frequent Contributor
kateharp
0 Kudos

Re: No Contact Info in Ebooks??

The whole point of an ebook is to have active links.  I think that info you saw is way outdated.  All my books depend on links and they would be quite boring without them.

"How to Publish Your Article on the Kindle and Nook"
http://howtobook.blogspot.com/ | kindle.harper@gmail.com
Contributor
LizCastro
0 Kudos

It sure seems outdated, but it is currently posted on the Barnes & Noble site at the link I gave. That seems to be their current policy. Whether they enforce it or not is another story.

Frequent Contributor
CodyFord
0 Kudos

"information that describes your eBook"

Not the content of the ebook itself.

Reader
Nathanwrann
0 Kudos

I don't think this is referring to the content of your ebook.

Based on the following portion: "Please note the following data points that are not permitted in your Product Data:"

I would say that this is referring to your product (book) description page in the barnes & noble store. They don't want their store to be a portal to your own personal site. Otherwise your description could read: "Thanks for finding my book here, if you go to www.mysite.com you'll be able to buy this book plus get one free."