Reply
Frequent Contributor
EinsteinPD
Posts: 235
Registered: ‎05-08-2012
0 Kudos

No REPORTED Sales Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow or ..

expected Ever, since NOOK Press took over. I certainly will not publish any more ebooks with BandN, and may withdraw the 22 I already have. Statistics indicate ebook sales are increasing, why should mine ALL suddenly stop?. I am confident my ebook sales are simply not being reported.

 

Phillip Duke Ph.D.

Frequent Contributor
TomRichardson
Posts: 69
Registered: ‎03-06-2013
0 Kudos

Re: No REPORTED Sales Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow or ..

I myself don't think there's any evil conspiracy to not pay us our royalties. Rather, I think that they put in charge of the project, someone who's doing it only "to impress the investors," or because "we can't let Amazon beat us!" but really, deep down, doesn't see any of this as necessary. Or maybe he has lots of friends who are managers in brick-and-mortar B&N stores. Anyway, my theory is that the Big Boss is putting only enough time, effort, and money into Nook Press that he doesn't get yelled-at by higher-ups.

 

I mean, c'mon, I pointed out a month ago that there are nasty bugs in Manuscript Editor. Have those been fixed? No. Has anyone at B&N even posted here to say "We are aware of the problem and are working to fix it"? No. As far as I can tell, the only people at Nook Press who are even showing up for work are the flacks in the PR Department.

 

So it doesn't surprise me at all, that days go by without any of us getting a reported sale. Nook Press probably only has one data-entry clerk on the payroll, and she has Finals this month.

Frequent Contributor
EinsteinPD
Posts: 235
Registered: ‎05-08-2012
0 Kudos

Re: No REPORTED Sales Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow or ..

Perhaps the concept of an "evil conspiracy" is just beyond you? It is beyond me that any business of BandN's size would continue to ignore the numerous valid and important complaints about NOOK Press, unless it chose to do so. I have posted that in theory the purpose of NOOK Press might be to get rid of BandN's ebook business, and it is doing just that. So far everything that has happened and is happening with BandN's dwindling ebook business is consistent with my theory. In addition, not Reporting sales increases profitability per sale for BandN.

 

In the end it makes no difference whether the gross inadequacies of NOOK Press are accidental or purposeful, because the result is the same; the end of BandN's ebook business.

Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
Posts: 3,334
Registered: ‎09-29-2010
0 Kudos

Re: No REPORTED Sales Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow or ..


EinsteinPD wrote:

 

In the end it makes no difference whether the gross inadequacies of NOOK Press are accidental or purposeful, because the result is the same; the end of BandN's ebook business.


End of B&N's Self-Publishing Option ≠ End of B&N's ebook business.

Frequent Contributor
JimLow
Posts: 191
Registered: ‎11-23-2010
0 Kudos

Re: No REPORTED Sales Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow or ..


Ya_Ya wrote:

End of B&N's Self-Publishing Option ≠ End of B&N's ebook business.


The equal symbol has a strike through it -- ...just observing. It could be true that self-pubs will discontinue, while B&N's ebook business is continued via publishing company submissions only. Anything is possible however, I personally feel the self-pub platform will be around for a good while. I also believe if it is closed in the future, that self-published ebooks already carried will remain on sale indefinitely. Purely a speculation and not intended as a forecast to be taken seriously.

BN_AlexG
Posts: 477
Topics: 68
Kudos: 527
Solutions: 41
Registered: ‎09-19-2011
0 Kudos

Re: No REPORTED Sales Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow or ..

This message has been moved for Violation of Community Guidelines. - inappropriate comments

Frequent Contributor
EinsteinPD
Posts: 235
Registered: ‎05-08-2012
0 Kudos

Re: No REPORTED Sales Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow or ..

When Indie authors discover they cannot publish with NOOK Press, and do not sell with BandN, how many will stay with BandN? As the better authors leave over time, so will the readers.It will take a few years, but eventually BandN will no longer have to find a buyer for NOOK Press along with its more desirable brick and mortar stores, because NOOK Press will have dwindled to where it is no longer an appreciable embarrasment, bevause it is so small.

 

At least I do not claim like some, that BandN management is too dumb to recognize the NOOK Press problems, and so do something about them. Au contraire, I suggest that BandN management is on the ball, and doiung a good job expediting its own soilutiuon to the BandN ebook business. If I am correct then absolutely nothing will ever be done to correct any of the problems associated with NOOK Press.

Frequent Contributor
TomRichardson
Posts: 69
Registered: ‎03-06-2013
0 Kudos

Re: No REPORTED Sales Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow or ..

> At least I do not claim like some, that BandN management is too dumb to recognize the NOOK Press problems, and so do something about them.

No, you merely claim that you can read Management's mind, and that they are deliberately setting out to ruin part of their company (even though they get bonuses based on performance). But instead of sneering at those of us who are attending your pity-party, why don't you answer a basic question: What can YOU do about it? I see only two options: 1) Take all your books off sale; or 2) Hire someone to audit B&N's books. I don't know about you, but I can't afford to hire an auditor. So that leaves only withdrawing all of my books as an option for myself, but I'm nowhere close to being convinced I need to do that.

Or put it another way: I think the problems with NP, though aggravating, are temporary. You think they're deliberate and permanent. So why are you still sticking around?
Frequent Contributor
TomRichardson
Posts: 69
Registered: ‎03-06-2013
0 Kudos

Re: No REPORTED Sales Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow or ..

> But instead of sneering at those of us who are attending your pity-party,

CORRECTION: aren't attending
Frequent Contributor
EinsteinPD
Posts: 235
Registered: ‎05-08-2012
0 Kudos

Re: No REPORTED Sales Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow or ..

I am "still sticking around" in part because I like to test my ideas against reality. I have proposed what is really a hypothesis, the least reliable stage of scientific knowledge, and it is being tested by time and the results of NOOK Press on BandN's ebook business. I am not sneering at anyone, as you state; in fact I credit BandN management with much more business sense and ability than the other posters,.who post that BandN's management is too dumb to know any better.

 

As to what I can do about it, I have contacted BandN management and let them know about the NOOK Press problem. Whatever else I may do is my business, and not yours.The idea of an independent audit is silly; they certainly would not allow it.

 

Keep a civil tomgue in your head when referring to me in your posts, or the moderator will spank..

Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith
Posts: 784
Registered: ‎08-12-2010

Re:

You know, I don't know about anyone else in this forum, but I am SICK of the wah-wah-wah-woe-is-me-my-sales-suck speech!!

I get it! They suck! Get over it and market your novellas to people who want to read them and not to me!

You threaten, every damned week!, with a new post of the same heading that you're gonna pull your books and leave BN to sink under their own weight . . . well then, why haven't you jumped overboard yet?

Buh-bye. I know I won't miss the dark cloud you seem to have tethered to your shoulder darkening my view.

 

 

Frequent Contributor
TomRichardson
Posts: 69
Registered: ‎03-06-2013

Re: No REPORTED Sales Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow or ..

> Keep a civil tomgue in your head when referring to me in your posts, or the moderator will spank.

 

LOL, who died and made you king?

 

Aww, too bad for you that not everyone is willing to be polite in the face of your sneers and bluster.

 

Here's the facts: Unless you've got a hidden microphone in the B&N boardroom, all you're putting forth are ONE MAN'S OPINIONS about why sales aren't being posted. So you insisting that you're right, and anyone who disagrees with you is wrong, is just plain ridiculous, absurd, and laughable.

 

By the way, Mrs. Smith has a good point: Leave, like you keep threatening to, or silence yourself here. By your own admission, you've done all you can WRT B&N.

Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
Posts: 3,334
Registered: ‎09-29-2010

Re: No REPORTED Sales Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow or ..


TomRichardson wrote:

> Keep a civil tomgue in your head when referring to me in your posts, or the moderator will spank.

 

LOL, who died and made you king?

 


:smileytongue:

 

I think that was directed at me.  I explained that the equal sign with a strikethrough is a does not equal sign, and that my point was that the assertion that failing or purposely torpedoing the self-publishing arm wouldn't logically lead to the end of B&N's ebook business.

 

I then called a spade a spade...

Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith
Posts: 784
Registered: ‎08-12-2010
0 Kudos

Re: No REPORTED Sales Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow or ..

TomRichardson wrote:

> Keep a civil tomgue in your head when referring to me in your posts, or the moderator will spank.

 

LOL, who died and made you king?


 

 

LMAO!!! :smileyvery-happy: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I'm so glad to know I'm not alone in how I feel! Now maybe this forum can get back to the way it was. Full of publishing complaints and helping hands :smileytongue:

 

 

Frequent Contributor
EinsteinPD
Posts: 235
Registered: ‎05-08-2012
0 Kudos

Re: No REPORTED Sales Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow or ..

Fact is, I posted plainly that I was proposing "a hypothesis, the least reliable stage of scientific knowledge." I never stated anything like that I was necessarily correct. Evidently my proposed hypothesis is making some posters angry. Too bad, if you cannot take my posts do not read them. My hypotheis is so far in complete agreement with all the facts. If you prefer to believe that it is all an (unbelievably) huge accident that will be put right at any moment (why?) you are welcome to do so. I prefer to look at evidence and what it indicates.

 

Personal attacks on me will not change a single fact. You are welcome to present any opinions you want, with oir without reason, but personal attacks will be reported to the moderator. That is one of the things the moderator is there fo. If he should decide to delete the thread, that is OK with me. It will not change a single fact regarding NOOK Press.

Frequent Contributor
EinsteinPD
Posts: 235
Registered: ‎05-08-2012
0 Kudos

Re: No REPORTED Sales Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow or ..

FYI you do not have to be a King to contact the Forum moderator, anyone can doi it. And personal attacks do not change anything.

Frequent Contributor
EinsteinPD
Posts: 235
Registered: ‎05-08-2012
0 Kudos

Re: Re:

Try to get all the following straight- I am stating facts, not compolaining. "The squeaking wheel gets the grease" and it is just possible that with enough Posts regarding the problems with NOOK Press, something might be done about it. My books ARE being marketed to people who want to read them, and I am getting sales, but there is a problem with their being Reported. I do not threaten, I state facts. There is a big difference.

 

And, please do not use "damned" in your posts. Thank you.

 

It so happens the situation regarding NOOK Press merits a "dark cloud" at present. Since it seems to disturb you, just look away. If the situation changes, so will the cloud, you can be sure of that. Bye-bye..

Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith
Posts: 784
Registered: ‎08-12-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Re:

>>I am stating facts, not compolaining.

Facts, schmacks.

 

Suck it up and admit you're a complainer. It's ok, we already (quite unfortunately) know it. Just be a big boy and own it.

 

Also, sometimes, that squeaking wheel just gets so damned annoying and ends up being tossed into the rubbish bin and forgotten.

 

 

Frequent Contributor
SF50
Posts: 111
Registered: ‎07-18-2011
0 Kudos

Re: Re:

[ Edited ]

EinsteinPD:

 

No, you're complaining. It is possible for you to state (what you consider) facts and also be complaining at the same time. Also you may be stating what you consider facts but they're also very likely coincidences. You claim you have so many missing sales and that you have proof yet all you do is cry on the forum everyday. If you had absolute facts and proof that sales weren't being reported then go talk to a lawyer and stop filling up the this forum with your constant complaining and whining. You've stated your position and to keep repeating it I'm sure violates a forum rule somewhere along the line, so if you would like to keep spamming the forum with the same complaint over and over again it's going to be you that people start reporting to the mods.

 

Perhaps your books really just are not selling. I realize that's a hard possibility to consider and that it is entirely more likely that there's a B&N conspiracy to deprive you of your massive sales but maybe just MAYBE you have no sales because of a reason directly related to your books or marketing. Perhaps the quality isn't what you perceive it to be and the reality is they need more work. Maybe your advertising just isn't up to par or you're marketing in the wrong places. Oddly you claim you market your book but in every one of your damned posts on here you don't have any sort of tagline that says "check out my book at" or "EinsteinPD" signed at the end and turned into a link that takes people to an author bio page for you or your website. Now I don't think that'll turn your poor sales around but if you're not taking advantage of every place you can market yourself then I have a hard time believing your marketing is as good as you seem to believe. Heck, I have no clue what you write and I've read many of your posts. Though it is entirely possible that you realize what a damned burden you are in this forum and don't want to attach your book info to a post that is negative. I wouldn't either if I were you.

 

 

Frequent Contributor
sayndee
Posts: 367
Registered: ‎11-11-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Re:

[ Edited ]

Oay...Okay...Let's try and keep these posts to helping one another. I see a little fault on both sides of the fence here. The man is stating his frustrations here and obviously getting on nerves.

 

I have never sold many books on B&N. However, I do sell a few. And I have seen little, if any, variation in my sales here. Can't say the same for some other online stores.

 

I do believe things happen, gliches in the system, etc. And I also think that perhaps Nook is bogged down and could use a little help. I have never thought for one moment that B&N doesn't report sales.

 

I, too, can get extremely frustrated with the system at times. And we all react differently to situations. I think everyone should leave posts that actually have to do with helping one another, not constantly complaining. And neither should we be mean here, either. And I sense a tad bit of meanness, as well. Other than that, I wish everyone and all a good day!

Elaine