Frequent Contributor
EinsteinPD
0 Kudos

Re: Re:

I posted plainly that my conxept was only a hypothesis, and now say yes, everything wrong with NOOK Press could be just a "coincidence": as you state. The evidence leading to the belief that not all my sales are being reported is essentially circumstantial. For now I will just say part of it is the sudden large drop in ebook sales for me and numerous other posters, while sales on Amazon and other vendors are essentially unchanged.. FYI I already talked to more than one lawyer. At this time I am now waiting to see how the Class Action lawsuit against Amazon and the big 5 publishers turns out.

In the past when I provided information and a cover picture about an ebook, the moderator removed it. I will try just a tagline and a link as you suggest, and see what happens.

Actually I did not realize what a "damned burden" my "damned posts" were on this Forum. I did not realize that the hypothesis I suggested would be so upsetting, and make certain people so angry, on this Forum. It seems to me I have done a reasonably good job presenting my hypotheis, and if certain people are so upset by it that they cannot consider it even very remotely possible, that is their problem, and it is a waste of my time trying. to contine prtesenting facts, facts that are ignored in favor of personal attacks..Therefore I see no reason to post further on this subject on this Forum.

Believe whatever you want, it's a free country, and you can believe whatever you want. Over time believing a lie can bite you in the ass. Yes it can. And hard. Just wait and see.

Frequent Contributor
SF50
0 Kudos

Thank you.

EinsteinPD wrote:

"Therefore I see no reason to post further on this subject on this Forum."

Contributor
Papa-134
0 Kudos

Re: No REPORTED Sales Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow or ..

I've also noticed a big drop in sales, having gone from an average of at least 20 sales/day for the last 12 months to 5 or fewer per day for May.

Frequent Contributor
JimLow
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

May is a slow month. I know this from being with Pubit!/Nook Press, since its beginning and with KDP Amazon, since 2008. School/College is fresh getting out for summer holiday, so people are busy getting to their vacation destinations, etc... Once they settle in, they'll want to do some reading again and sales will go up. Some of this depends on the economy too -- right now in my mid US area, gas it 4.00 per gallon. This alone can cause people to cut back on luxuries.

Do sales reports at the major sellers get funky at times? Yes they do. When Pubit switched to Nook Press, my sales stopped for a week solid. I then saw the sales catch up during the remaining weeks of that month. I will even now, see sales added to my "month's sales" list, that never showed up in my "today's" or "yesterday's" lists but I don't care, because they make it to the final list that counts most!

I saw lost sales (confirmed sales that never showed up), many months ago but this was the only time it happened and my belief is that it's inevitable that this will happen rarely. I also believe mistakes will be made in the favor of publishers at times as well. As far as there being a purposeful skipping of sales, I don't believe this happens.

Here's why: More publishers than one might think, consistently check their sales reports. Some people believe this is "OCD sales checking" but I think it's more of an anxiousness to see promotions working, etc... The point being that many publishers have friends and relatives who order their titles from time to time. They know if these are showing up in reports because they watch for it. If there was any wide-scale (even small scale) skipping of sales, these publishers would be complaining by the 100s or 1000s, once they could confirm that a sales(s) never showed up (rather than being somewhat delayed).

This isn't happening but rest assured that something like this would come to light if it was occurring. The sellers know they are constantly being double-checked and so they keep things accurate as promptly as possible. Sometimes there are delays, etc... but I personally feel certain that most discrepancies -- the vast majority are fixed.

Just thought I would add my bit, for whatever it's worth.

Peace and best wishes to all of you!

Frequent Contributor
sayndee
0 Kudos

Jim,

I consider you just about the most levelheaded person on this forum. Good to see you here.:smileyhappy:

Elaine
Contributor
Papa-134
0 Kudos

Thanks for your thoughts, Jim. I also appreciated EinsteinPD's input and his getting this topic rolling. My sales are up to 11 units so far today, which is still lower than I'd expect (I'd expect over 20), but at least it's an improvement over the rest of the month (which has been down to the single digits). Maybe it's just a seasonal effect, but I'm still inclined to think it has something to do with the Pubit switch. I think it's technical and thus will be resolved by B&N eventually, so I'm not overy worried (yet).

One question: for those of you having/suspecting reporting issues, are you using Press or Pubit? I don't like Press and have been using Pubit. When I switched to Press today my sales went back up. Probably coincidence, but I'm curious to see which publishing platform others are using while suspecting reporting problems.

Cheers!

Frequent Contributor
JMChristopher
0 Kudos

Einstein,

It isn't that your posts are offensive... it's the simple fact that you have started about 10,000 threads (yes, I know I'm exagerating, please don't reply that you haven't made 10,000 posts) that all say essentially the same thing that is getting quite annoying. Coming from someone who only checks this forum about once a week, and sees multiple posts by you that all say "No Sales", "No Sales", "No Sales", I can only imagine the what the authors that come on here every day thinks after reading this for the last... let me see... 6 or so weeks?

Let me speak for everyone when I say... WE GET IT! Now, I'm sorry that your sales have been horrible. I had a rut over at Amazon in the fall where I thought they were cheating me out of sales... it turned out to be just as described though, a rut. My sales bounced back to where they were prior to it. All I can say is... if you're unsaitsfied... then leave.

Now, I haven't actually read all your posts, so maybe you've done this, but the other thing you could try is have some people actually buy your books. People you know and trust. If they tell you they bought it, and then the sale still doesn't show up... then not only will you know for sure if they're cheating you, but if your friend will give you the purchase order, then you will have a document admissable in court.

All I ask is that you stop with this continued posting of "No Sales", because it really is getting old.

On a side note, since Nook Press started, my sales have dropped slightly, but I am still satisfied with the sales I am making.

Frequent Contributor
JimLow
0 Kudos

Bless your heart Elaine -- I have always appreciated the uplift in your posts as well :smileyhappy: !

Papa-134, I have used Nook Press since the very day I received their email, telling me how to switch my Pubit! titles over to them. I was fortunate because mine switched over without a hitch. Other publishers had some problems getting theirs switched but may be due to differences in browsers being used. I think this might also have to do with publishers getting failure - default pages when they try to use Nook Press (I've seen this before). I have personally seen Google Chrome get me through different publishing projects, when Internet Explorer couldn't get it done. I've seen people with Firefox, Netscape and Safari have problems too. You might try it through Google Chrome if you haven't already (not saying this is the problem but worth a try).

Contributor
Papa-134
0 Kudos

Thanks for your note, Jim. I have actually used Press but prefer Pubit. Press takes longer to publish, and I like Pubit's reporting better (it doesn't give me a summary of daily sales? I have to add the unit sales up myself?). I do like the little thumbnails, tho. Seems like they're trying to be more Kobo-like, which certainly has the simpliest/friendliest uploading (but fewer options for metadata).

Cheers!

BN_AlexG
Topics: 68
Kudos: 527
Solutions: 41

This thread has been locked. Everyone please take a moment....and move on.

- Alex
Click the Laurel leaf to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.