New User
wdtarver
0 Kudos

No Response From Pubit

I submitted my book to PubIt several days ago, and the status still says "Processing."  I have sent three e-mails referencing my account number to customer service, but have not as yet received a single response.  This is the first book I am uploading, so I have no way of knowing if what I am seeing is typical.  Someone please advise.  There appears to be no way of actually "talking" to someone at PubIt.  Very frustrating.  Took less than one day to get my e-book listed at Amazon.

New User
Tourman
0 Kudos

Re: No Response From Pubit

Experiencing the same delay. My first one went up July 7, but the ones I tried Friday are languishing. Something not working correctly (one book has 5 copies processing!) and no answer to my emails.

Not much help for you, but at least you know you aren't alone. Best wishes.

Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

And neither one of you are alone :smileyhappy:

Yeah, Pubit customer service sucks! But there are a few of us here more than willing to help. Unfortunately you're stuck in publishing limbo. If it goes on too long, we normally suggest you start over, pretend to upload a brand new title and when the old one finally goes on sale, just delete it. Not ideal, we know, but sometimes it's just easier than waiting and losing large clumps of hair to your frustration in the process.  :smileyvery-happy:

Frequent Contributor
mocanaqua
0 Kudos

Hopefully, things will change. I responded to your post because I just want to suggest that B&N's hands-off approach has--or at least in my case has had--some very nice benefits. For example, I wrote to Pubit asking that unauthorized versions of my books, which appear on Amazon, be removed. Pubit removed them. Possibly the work-force is being cut at B&N. I don't know (because my question about paying to advertise never received a response, either).

What Amazon gives with one hand, it takes away with the other. Good luck, and I hope your Pubit appears shortly.