Frequent Contributor
CancerGroup

No Sales in 2 Months???????

Hi,

I have over 50 Oncology books for sale. On BN, it says I haven't sold a book in 2 months. Yet on Amazon, I have had my best 2 months ever.

Anyone else having this problem?? Advice??

Contributor
tawnmaru
0 Kudos

Re: No Sales in 2 Months???????

First, look to see how easy it is to find your books on Barnes. Do a search and see if they even come up. Make sure your books are properly tagged.

Frequent Contributor
sayndee
0 Kudos

If I have learned one thing here on B&N it is that TAGS DON'T WORK HERE!!!!!!!!!!

I sell many, many more books elsewhere than here. I have emailed B&N more than once about this problem. Tags simply do not work.

Elaine
Frequent Contributor
CancerGroup
0 Kudos

I agree. I sell on Smashwords and Amazon, and am doing nicely, don't understand why BN should be so bad.

I would love to hear constructive replies and suggestions

Contributor
tawnmaru
0 Kudos

You didn't provide a link to your books but one thing to try, and I know it sounds lame, is to put a book tag in the title itself. If they don't use tags here, that's a way for the B and N search engine to find it.

I had to do it for my book in order for it to be found. It's a vampire romance so I added that to the title itself. Stupid. But that's the only way anyone finds it.

Inspired Contributor
TheReluctantCritic
0 Kudos

It has LONG been established that finding ebooks on B&N is next to impossible. The tags aren't really tags at all. If you read the finely printed copy close enough, you'll see your "tags" aren't tags like the ones used on Amazon. Instead they are supposedly used for search engine queries. And even then, I still don't think they work.

It was an easy decision for me several months back to unpublish everything here and go exclusively with KDP Select. Well, now that KDP Select has proved pretty useless for most indie authors, I'm back here again. But nothing has changed, there is still virtually NO support from PubIt, and nothing, and I mean NOTHING, has been done to make the books of indie authors easier to find.

Same old song.

Contributor
magraham
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Sales have been slow on Amazon this month.  On B&N they've almost been nonexistent.  I've had an unusual number of zero sales days on B&N lately. 

Hopefully, B&N will check its reporting programs and update us all on what is going on.  The problem with B&N not keeping writers updated is that it makes B&N look like they're hiding something.  They may be hiding nothing at all and sales may just be very, very slow.  If that's the case, regular updates about how B&N is acting to improve/increase sales, provide more marketing tools, etc. would be welcome and would make writers feel like they and B&N were in the same boat. 

Without regular updating/checking of programs/ responding to concerns - in other words, without a highly qualified, full time Pubit staff - B&N puts itself in the position of looking complicit in some sort of nefarious doings.  All of that gets prevented by open communications/full disclosure/speedy responses to issues or problems. 

Is Microsoft monitoring its new investment?  If so, I hope they see this and work to help B&N fix what has been a persistent problem.......  Micro-money or not, the Nook platform won't grow if it doesn't nurture its publishing platform!!