Frequent Contributor
EinsteinPD
0 Kudos

No sales yesterday, no sales today, and no sales tomorrow....

or ever again, thanks to NOOKPress. I received a reply to my NOOKPress support email, everything is working perfectly. Evidently all at once people have just completely stopped buying my ebooks from BandN.com. But they are continuing to buy them from Amazon.com. They are THE SAME BOOKS, SO WHY IS THAT? I checked and as far as I can tell my 22 NOOKPress titles are for sale. If anyone sees that they are not, let me know thanks.

Now I will have some verifiable ebook purchases made from my ebooks for sale at BandN.com, and see if the sales are Reported to me. I suggest that others do the same. let us get to the bottom of this situation, and find out what is happening.

Frequent Contributor
EinsteinPD
0 Kudos

Re: No sales yesterday, no sales today, and no sales tomorrow....

Still not one sale. I am making arrangements to have verifiable sales made, and will see what the result is.

Frequent Contributor
raines
0 Kudos

I had 10 yesterday but, none today.  I think there is a delay.

Frequent Contributor
Windy30
0 Kudos

I have written to them because I tried to verify sales by having a friend buy one for me. It never recorded as a sale and I was with her when she purchased it. Their answer was standard, that my sales have been updated.

Sales are a third less than usual for the last three days.

Going to keep writing them and send them the purchase information and demand to know why it wasn't counted in my sales. Don't know what else to do.

Frequent Contributor
EinsteinPD

I also had a friend buy an ebook of mine, the sale has not been reported.

Is there a logical reason for this non-reporting? A financial reason? Is it possible? Think about it.

I have a lot of phone numbers you can call if you want. This one was highly recommended by NOOKPress Customer Service- 732-656-7285. And, they also recommended 212-633-3323, and 4062. Then there is the old toll-free standby 1-800-843-2665. Give it a try, and Post the results. They will be informative..

Keep in mind that your Account can be closed at any time, without any reason being given. But then, if you are not getting credit for your ebooks that sell, what difference does it make? And, I would hope that NOOKPress is smart enough not to kill the geese that are laying unreported golden eggs for them most every day..

Some time ago I posted on the KDP Forum that Indie authors should write for love, not money, and not expect financial rewards, I was laughed to scorn. Everyone was focused on the big money to come. But, what I said should be expected, is coming about! Sometimes I hate being right so often.

If you like Sherlock Holmes, buy one of mine and Post the time and date of purchase. Thank you.

Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

Maybe your friend didn't really buy your book?

I just -and when I say just, I mean 5 minutes ago- gifted one of my books to a friend. It was sent immediately and she redeemed it. It also showed up in my sales tab immediately.

From the different authors groups I'm part of, I've heard it said on more than one occasion that March and April are slow months for ebook sales.

Frequent Contributor
EinsteinPD
0 Kudos

Melissam I am very happy to see your Post, because I very much hope that BandN is reporting all sales. But then why would my sales for this month be less per month by far than with every month last year? And less than 10% of last month's? It is quite possible that with the platform change there is a glitch, the main thing is, if it's there, to correct it. "The squeaking oil gets the grease." I have squeaked enough for now. I like BandN.

Your Earth Day Post is very nice.

Frequent Contributor
AEplus
0 Kudos

I think they are reporting them eventually. It's hard to say for certain of course and I've seen a lot of mistakes this month as well on the reporting side of things. The good news is that I've also seen a lot of corrections too. They're probably having growing pains with the new Nook Press thing but who knows?

Frequent Contributor
Windy30
0 Kudos

I wrote to them and gave them receipt numbers for purchased books that I was not given sales credit for, and have recieved a standard form letter saying that they report sales accurately. Like what?

So, I repeated the letter.

I am at a loss as to what to do.

Any suggestions, as this is getting silly. Also, I have been waiting for five days while the book I uploaded says 'processing.' This is way silly for a large company like Barnes.

Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

Windy-

There have been times, too many to count, where processing times take far too long. You can do one of two things.

1) Wait for it to go live.

2) Start over and create a new project.

As far as the gifted books (they were gifted, right? You were unclear.), are you sure they didn't redeem the gift for money? If they did, you don't get a royalty for a book never received. If your sure they redeemed their gift for the book, then I would contact BN customer service and chat with them. The email you send the gift to has to be the email attached to their BN account otherwise the gift sits in limbo.

Frequent Contributor
EinsteinPD
0 Kudos

Windy30, I would like to correspond with you in private on this subject, please contact me by email, thanks.

drpduke@wmconnect.com

Frequent Contributor
JimLow
0 Kudos

When you have a lot of titles for sale and you're selling at all major booksellers,plus you've been on these sellers with your titles, practically from their beginnings, you see sales patterns. I can tell the difference between a slump in sales and when a certain seller's reporting is delaying. I too have tested this a few times with purchases, to see when they would show up and it confirmed the sales reporting delays but the sales did eventually show up with exception of one. I actually posted on the seller's forum about the one that didn't show up, giving the name of it and the ID of (I also sent an email to them about it) and I still had a fellow publisher tell me in the mean time, that lost sales don't happen. While I think they do happen, I suspect it is rare. As far as sales tracking/reporting, I believe it does go into a delay mode at all seller's from time to time and is easy to tell for us who have 60 to 75 titles for sell (depending on which seller). For example, the delay other members are reporting, has been happening for the past couple of days and looks like it is occurring today as well.  

Frequent Contributor
Windy30
0 Kudos

Thanks, will try the chat thing as the gift was sent to my mother and claimed. Sent them an emal with the information and still waiting to hear. Thanks.

Frequent Contributor
Windy30
0 Kudos

ok

Frequent Contributor
EinsteinPD
0 Kudos

If you want you can continue calling  from April ist to date (April 25th for me), the "past couple of days".without a single sale Reported, but It does no good to put a band-aid on a cancer, This situation is very different from past temporary glitches, and it needs to be looked into at once.

At this time that powerful bookseller Kobo.com has sold twice as many of my ebooks this mnonth as has BandN. BandN's market includes the USA, Kobo has never sold a copy in the USA for me. My Amazon.com sales are relatively normal. Obviously BandN's new platform NOOK Press is not reporting ebook sales.

I see no indication that NOOK Press.com will ever resume Reporting my ebook sales.

Frequent Contributor
JMChristopher
0 Kudos

Well, all I know it, though my sales haven't been 0... I have had a sharp decline in sales the last few days. Today... at this time, I usually have 60 sales, I have less than 30 right now for today. I have to agree that there is something wrong with the system.

Frequent Contributor
EinsteinPD
0 Kudos

JMChristopher, thank you for the confirmation. If enough authors become aware of the problem, and let NOOK Press and BandN know about it. then perhaps something will be done? If not, the reported sales down trend will probably continue..

I would like to know how you get 60 sales in one day? If you want email me at drpduke@wmconnect.com. Thank you.

Frequent Contributor
LearningIsland
0 Kudos

I have been having the same problem. Hopefully they will get it fixed soon.

Frequent Contributor
ribbons55
0 Kudos

Same problem here.
The Red Serge Novels
http://bit.ly/12UgIRh
Frequent Contributor
JimLow
0 Kudos

Kind of an interesting thing but after 3 days of frozen sales and today looking like it would be the fourth day, a sale showed up under "Yesterdays Sales". What makes it unusual is the fact that I never had a sale yesterday that showed up as "Todays Sales" -- which would then rollover to the Yesterdays slot on my reports pages the next day (today). I've actually been seeing several sales per day, between my titles on Nook Press, apart from the freezes.

This isn't a major thing to me at all, in fact it wouldn't matter to me if they actually did stop reporting sales at certain times, then catch them up but it's hard to tell if that's what's happening. On Kobo, my sales are slow but steady and amount to a couple of unit sales per day (hoping it will pick up but is reaching countries I don't reach from any other sellers). On Amazon, I'm selling about 200 eBooks per month between all my titles and between 75 and 100 paperbacks per month (bigger before the economy slump). I would absolutely love to see my Nook Press sales rival my Amazon ones or at least come a lot closer to them.

I'm just hoping if sales reports do freeze at times that the bypassed units are added in later. This has been my only concern regarding the erratic flucs in sales.