Frequent Contributor
TomRichardson
0 Kudos

Okay, now that August 1 through August 15 are fixed, what about July?

Well, it looks like we're back into another no-sales-reported drought, but at least sales for the first half of the month of August look normal for me.

But what about July? My sales for all of July were half of what they were in June, and my sales for the first half-month in August are already greater than all of July. Furthermore, looking more closely, there are two one-week periods in July where I had no sales at all.

Is this just me, or do other people have the same problem?

Contributor
Brighteyes71
0 Kudos

Re: Okay, now that August 1 through August 15 are fixed, what about July?

My sales actually went up from June to July.   Also, in July the most I ever had was a 3 day gap.  The biggest gap I had in June was 4 days, but even then that was only once.

However, since this latest "fix", although I see the first half of the month now, now I haven't had any recent sales for 2 1/2 days now.

Frequent Contributor
dmnelson
0 Kudos

I have a question regarding the competitor - Amazon. As frustrating as Barnes & Noble has been, I do at least sell books on its site. I have absolutely miserable luck on Kindle. For instance - I've sold nothing in August. I feel like I must be the only one as I've heard that Amazon has 80 per cent of the market and is a much better venue. Commets?

Frequent Contributor
TomRichardson
0 Kudos

Name and title of your book(s)?

I'm told that the summer months are nightmarish for book publishers. I'm selling books in August, so their system isn't broken, but sales per title are the lowest I've seen in months. But I'm trusting that sales on Amazon will pick up in September.
Frequent Contributor
LearningIsland
0 Kudos

We've always sold more on Barnes & Noble than on Amazon, often four or five times more. One reason for this may be that we sell children's books. Since the Nook came out in color sooner than the kindle did, many people who bought devices for their children bought a Nook.

Having said that, since the Nook Press launch, sales have been cut by about 1/3. At the same time, Amazon has grown slightly. It will be interesting to see how the trend continues.

LearningIsland

Frequent Contributor
JMChristopher
0 Kudos

My sales over at Amazon suck compared to my BN sales... which is strange because I used to sell as many books on Amazon as I did on BN. For the last year or so, there hasn't been much going on over at Amazon.