New User
WeThePeople
0 Kudos

Problem downloading a WORD 2003 and 2010 file.

I have been unable to upload a WORD 2003 file to Barnes & Noble. My son saved it as a WORD 2010, but that also failed. I have a very slow modem and that could be part of the problem. Nonetheless, I attempted the WORD 2003 from a high speed Wi-Fi at a coffee chop and that also failed.

I contacted Barnes & Noble and they suggested converting to *.RTF and then back to *.DOC. That also failed.

I will attempt to send the WORD 2010 file at a coffee shop.

The B&N site says "File conversion in progress'" but nothing happens. The 2010 WORD file is 732 KB.

Any suggestions,

Ed

Correspondent
Strayer
0 Kudos

Re: Problem downloading a WORD 2003 and 2010 file.

I used Word 2003 and had no problem. I saved as .doc. In Word 2007 and 2010, Save As Word 97-2003. It takes away coding that screws up the upload. It you get a message that says techical difficulties, ignore it. It was doing that and still might be.

Start all over again. Upload a new one and when it publishes, take the others off sale.

If you have anything odd in the document, that can cause problems.

I do hope I've helped a tad. Ask questions if you need ot and good luck.

Contributor
Annie-B
0 Kudos

I just tried uploading a revised cover and revised book document and neither will take. I have never had this problem before. How do you find out if PubIt! just isn't working right now?

Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

LOL! A Golden Question if ever there was one!

Annie-B wrote:

How do you find out if PubIt! just isn't working right now?

Contributor
Annie-B
0 Kudos

Isn't that the truth?! Plenty of bugs in this system...and still unable to load. Maybe tomorrow, though not placing or taking any bets on it!
Reader
BaltimoreRon
0 Kudos

I would strongly suggest you DO NOT ever upload to your Pubit account using the "free" WiFi in a coffee shop.  Unless the coffee shop issued you a personal password that is unique to you and is not shared with others, you have entered your email and password in a manner that any trollers in the coffee shop can see.  This leaves your Pubit account with its links to your bank account at risk.

I have seven or eight friends whose email accounts were hacked using "free" WiFi.  I know it is tempting, but it is a very dangerous practice.  Your modem connection may be slow, but it is much safer than "free" WiFi.

Please read my books "Identity Theft in the Cyber Age" or "Twelve and a Half Steps to Avoid Identity Theft" for more information.

Ron

New User
doggiesDH
0 Kudos

strange. I once met similar issue then I convert it and it works. Apart from uploading Word doc, have you ever uploaded the other document types, like Excel?

Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

:smileyhappy: LOL, You do realize that this thread, along with the other one you commented on, are over a year old, right?

Just thought I'd let you know in case you missed the dates at the top of each post. Thanks for trying to help!