Frequent Contributor
darthreader
0 Kudos

Problem uploading epub file and ebook preview.

[ Edited ]

Hi, I when I upload my epub files the ebook preview shows a blank page.  I double checked my epub files and they are fine.  Is anyone else unable to upload files or see a preview?   Is there site maintenance happening?  Thanks for your assistance in advance. 

Update: Problem solved.  I converted the .xhtml files to .html. 

Distinguished Correspondent
Shopaholic
0 Kudos

Re: Problem uploading epub file and ebook preview.

Did you try to click the forward button on the NOOK simulator?  That's what I had to do to bring up my first page for some reason.  Hope this helps!

"You found the bandages inside the pen/ And the stitches on the radio." - Gaslight Anthem

Follow my blog at http://willowwriter.blogspot.com
Frequent Contributor
Slowreader1
0 Kudos

Update: Problem solved.  I converted the .xhtml files to .html.

I don't understand! I thought we were supposed to upload epub files (which are indeed based on xhtml).

I have previously upload epub files, and the Preview failed some distance into the book. Since I couldn't find anything wrong with the epub, I went ahead and published. As soon as it was available on the B&N store, I bought a copy and read through it. It was fine. So I for one am skeptical about the preview.

Frequent Contributor
darthreader
0 Kudos

Yes, on paper xhtml is the way to go but in practice things work differently.  Clicking the forward button did nothing for me.  Switching to html worked perfectly. 

New User
jimmimac
0 Kudos

I had the same problem tonight uploading my ebook, ready to  pull my hair out, oh I forgot I'm bald!   Just kidding, I am definetly going to scream bloody murder, I am pissed off, and rightly so, I have had the same problem at kindle, are these people doing their vest to give us good service?  Me think not! What I would like to know is there any IT persons that specialize in assisting with these problems?

Frequent Contributor
SF50
0 Kudos

If you're sending up an already formed .EPUB - The Pubit system (from everything I've seen) doesn't mess with it. If you make and test an EPUB file on your own system prior to sending it to Pubit, then there's no need to play with their previewer because you know it's fine and the system had no conversion process to conduct on it.

Correspondent
Strayer
0 Kudos

I uploaded a Word 2003 .doc file to Kindle and Nook. It looked fine.

I didn't do any conversion.

Frequent Contributor
SF50
0 Kudos

Strayer wrote:

I uploaded a Word 2003 .doc file to Kindle and Nook. It looked fine.

I didn't do any conversion.

What does that have to do with the Pubit previewer not functioning properly?

Since you brought up the topic, you may not have done any conversion, but if you sent up a .doc file then Pubit did a conversion to make it an epub and it doesn't always look "fine" after for everyone.

New User
Tom_Lowe
0 Kudos

When I view am converted manuscript in the pub-it viewer, there is no indication of page breaks and some of the text doesn't fit the screen.  I've tried viewing it in numerous conversions to ePub, i.e. PDF, .doc, HTML, PRC, etc.  How accurate is the "viewer?"  I don't want to upload a manuscript in which the formatting looks sloppy.

Thanks -

Contributor
TeachYourselfSinging
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone

I am testing epub draft in both the upload file viewer and the nook study software viewer.

That way you can preview your epub file in both the pocket size nook and the nook color tablet.

Happy Nook Books

Timothy Kelly

Teach Yourself Singing If You Can Talk You Can Sing

Frequent Contributor
chezjim
0 Kudos

Happening to me right now (after an update to the system last night).

I never load anything but preformatted and pre-tested ePubs. And I don't want to put anything out there without previewing it, especially since the system won't even let me download the file to preview it locally.

Jim Chevallier
North Hollywood, CA
http://www.chezjim.com
"Monologues for Teens and Twenties", "How to Kill a Peacock", "Paris Poems", "August Zang and the French Croissant", "Suicide Monologues for Actors and Others", etc.