New User
LesBru
0 Kudos

Processing? How Long???

It's been over three weeks since I uploaded my book. How do I know if a problem is holding it up? Sure would be nice to see it go up for sale.

New User
Desert_Coyote13
0 Kudos

Re: Processing? How Long???

Les, check your account status. If your account status shows "In Review," that will hold it up too.  I'm having trouble with that myself, and of course I have yet to hear back from my e-mails.

Frequent Contributor
dogg12345
0 Kudos

@ Desert_Coyote13,

why is ur account "in review"? I'm only asking because I haven't heard that before.

are u a new publisher with pubit? or is it because of another reason?

New User
Desert_Coyote13
0 Kudos

dogg12345, I just found out that the problem is an incredibly stupid IRS issue: because I just moved, my address didn't match the one the IRS has on file for me, so I had to change my tax address.  Hopefully my issue will be resolved.

Incidentally, if anyone wants a support number:

1-866-597-9863.

If you're having trouble this will get you quicker results than the e-mail: the operator I just spoke to said that not only has PubIt stopped sending alert e-mails, their backlog on support messages will leave you waiting two weeks for a resolution to your issue.

Frequent Contributor
dogg12345
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Desert_Coyote13,

Moving, huh?

incidentally, I'm about to move myself in the next week or so and I would really like for payment or my account not to get held up.

so thanks for the tip. 

Contributor
WhimsyReads
0 Kudos

" the operator I just spoke to said that not only has PubIt stopped sending alert e-mails, their backlog on support messages will leave you waiting two weeks for a resolution to your issue."

WOW - I was wondering what was going on with that!

After a few days of my uploads "processing," I finally got a screen to appear at the top of my account that said that I'd been sent an email as they needed to further verify something with my account. They had the hours and the number, but just as I went to copy/paste the phone number, the entire message disappeared! I went back in and checked my spam folder for anything from B&N or with PubIt! in the subject message ... NOTHING. I then looked at my account status which is "In Review" and then clicked the hyperlink next to it and saw the email address. I sent them an email this afternoon.

Now you're saying that I probably never got the email in the first place, and the email I sent to them will probably not be returned. Wow. Just wow. Guess I'll have to call before 5:30p EST... Oh, and THANK YOU to everyone who's posted the 866# on these boards! Much appreciated.

Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

Looks like there are too many ebooks being submitted and BN is having hard time handling all of them. When I did last year they could approve almost by next day or so. The sales are going down too.

BN is a well known book seller and now ebook publisher that everyone is rushing to them.  Hopefully they would get better with time. Amazon is setup to handle large volume and they have so many places to promote their books. Amazon have a long way to go with book forums. They can hardly handle this to attract parcipants. Good luck!

Contributor
WBY3
0 Kudos

I have a book stuck in processing, too.  The hold up is my credit card number.  Had it stolen and forgot to change the number in my account.  Apparently anything the processing program finds that it doesn't like just stops it dead in its tracks.  I updated my account and re-uploaded the book.  Processed within 24 hours.  The old one is still processing.  I suppose that will go on until they answer my email.

Bill Yancey

What Your Doctor Won't Tell You About Your Lower Back

Correspondent
Strayer
0 Kudos

You have to type everything into the online form.

Cut/paste doesn't work.

Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

Strayer wrote:

You have to type everything into the online form.

Cut/paste doesn't work.

You should be able to copy and paste, say book info and author bio, with no problem.  Is this kind of copy and paste you have problem with or something else?  May try again.