New User
Petz
0 Kudos

Product Page problems

On My Titles page everything looks fine, however when I use the action button to view the product page I noticed problems with both my titles.

The product page for Dead Lee Presents Haunted Chicago doesn’t show the cover image, but it does show up on the My Title Page.

The product page for Dead Lee’s Guide To Haunted Chicago has some odd symbols in the title. These symbols only appear on the product page. Also this title has the same cover problem as the title above.

Contributor
Notarius
0 Kudos

Re: Product Page problems

Hiya Petz,

Regarding your Dead Lee's Guide To Haunted Chicago, it looks like bad html coding showing up.  This happens in web browsers sometimes when one type of punctuation mark isn't recognized correctly.  ASCII marks will show up properly, I believe.  Is it possible you copied and pasted your title instead of typing it into the line?  If so, there may have been formatting from your word document or whatever program you were using that didn’t "translate" appropriately.  Try going back into you page and editing the title by deleting it and typing it out. 

If that doesn’t work, you could try finding a basic apostrophe online, or better yet, typing it into a text editor like notepad, which doesn’t include formatting, and cutting and pasting from there.

But I think your best bet will be to retype your title and save.

New User
Petz
0 Kudos

Cool I’ll try that, any idea as to why the covers aren’t showing up?

Petz

New User
DamianLawrence
0 Kudos

I don't know what caused Petz's problems with the text on the product page, but I am also experiencing similar issues with the cover image. I uploaded my e-book, The Guardians of Time, recently. Everything was fine on the "my titles" page (including the cover image), but when I look at the book on the B&N web site, it says "no cover image available". It also is very difficult to find the book. It doesn't show up in a search under the author name or ISBN - only under the fully spelled out title, or under the publisher's name.

I have previously put The Guardians of Time on Amazon's Kindle platform, and didn't have any of these problems. I also spent a lot of time checking code and making sure that the book was rendering properly on the Nook emulators, etc.

So it appears there are still bugs in the system that have yet to be worked out.

D Lawrence

The Guardians of Time

Contributor
EGTalbot
0 Kudos

The cover image problem seems to have been going on since at least saturday.  I've sent a couple of emails.  Best thing I imagine is for those of us having the problem to keep sending emails - short of an answer saying they are aware of the problem and are working on it, I don't know what else to do.