Contributor
MikePoe
0 Kudos

Promoting ebook sales

An suggestions to self-promote an ebook i published on Pubit?

Contributor
merwalker
0 Kudos

Re: Promoting ebook sales

Depends on your book?  My book was written mostly for teens (LEGEND OF THE MER) and so I created a Facebook Page and am having success with that.  :smileyhappy:

Contributor
KrystalMclaughlin
0 Kudos

Re: Promoting eBook sales

My book too was written for a teen audience, but I read all about success in eBook sales with reviews from book bloggers.  You just have to find someone willing to read and review your book which is hard when 1. It's an eBook and 2. It's self published.

I was lucky enough to find someone and am looking forward to her review which should happen in the next week or so.  I will know then if it helped if there is a boost in my sales!

Good Luck!

Contributor
MikePoe
0 Kudos

Thanks, Krystal!

I'd be willing to add a second, if you'd read and review mine.

Contributor
KrystalMclaughlin
0 Kudos

Sure!  What's your book about?

Mine is a YA paranormal novel entitled The Witches Lottery.

You can email me at : witcheslottery@yahoo.com and we can discuss further and exchange copies :smileyhappy:

I usually blog on bookblogs.ning.com so I would post your review there, on my personal blog krystalmclaughlin.blogspot.com and also post something on my facebook page!

Hopefully that would help :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
tjatkins
0 Kudos

Twitter, Facebook, Scribd...

Maybe start a blog on blogspot. 

Join some forums and start participating.

Contributor
A_R_Wallace
0 Kudos

My articles on Squidoo get thousands of readers a week. I should be able to send some of those to my books. An added bonus is that Squidoo has good Google juice, links from good articles there send some search engine authority to their destinations. That book cover art link in my signiture goes to a Squidoo "lens."

Digital Donna's Book Cover Art
Correspondent
AlmH
0 Kudos

SAVING FAITH http://my.barnesandnoble.com/communityportal/userprofile.aspx

I'm always looking for ways to promote my eBooks too... So I Google a lot. Here are 4 websites I just found. I just posted my stuff with them like 2 minutes before writing this post; so don't ask me to give feedback... When I get some feedback I will be happy to share. And hope likewise with you... ^__^ Alm Hlgh....

http://www.book-trailers.net/2007/08/how-to-submit-book-trailer.html 

http://www.unrulyguides.com/contact-us/submission-form/#axzz1BiiWzTVn 

http://www.booktalk.org/ 

http://www.blazingtrailers.com/submit.php 

SAVING FAITH

eBooks by Alm Hlgh

http://productsearch.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?store=book&ATH=Alm+Hlgh
Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

Wallace and other members. How do you use tags for promotion! What are tags and how do you use them.  I read about people exchanging tags.  Is it like link exchange or something else?

I can use some suggestions for promotion.  I am surprised that my books are selling without promotion.

For Your Nook

drdln-nonfiction

Contributor
A_R_Wallace
0 Kudos

tags, key words, key phrases; all of them help if someone hunts with them in a search engine.

It's part of SEO & SEM, search engine optimization (marketing). It is more art than science, and the rules keep changing. I have no idea how B&N's internal search function works; but it is easy to label a post, so why not. I've added a tag to this post.

Good content here will also draw search engines.

Google values links and tags on forums it can access, and may direct searches to relevant posts. Those readers may follow your links to your books. The more links to a target page from relevant sites, the more likely the search engines will send readers.

Go to the ebook cover page listed in my signature; at the bottom of the page select the help desk link. There is more marketing information supplied by Squidooers than you need, all free. Look at SEO, HTML, and marketing. There is also info on tags, etc.

Consider making a Squidoo lens or twenty on your book and its topics. That may lead folks to your books, or impress Google. You can also make a little money for you or charity.

*enjoy*

Digital Donna's Book Cover Art
Reader
salter
0 Kudos

Am I allowed to use reviews I've gotten on sites like Smashwords and Fanstory? I have a lot of reader reviews on Smashwords, and reviews from fellow Indie authors on Fanstory. I don't put a whole lot of stock in the Fanstory reviews because pretty much everyone gets 5 star "yay! You can TYPE!" reviews there. But the Smashwords ones are genuine.

Thanks,

Shaina

http://devotednovice.blogspot.com

shaina.richmond@gmail.com

http://devotednovice.blogspot.com
http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/shainarichmond
New User
NaweG
0 Kudos

Most of what I see here is how to get to some of the online sites. Any luck getting to places like the New York Times or... dare I say it... Oprah? :smileyvery-happy:

New User
djcappella
0 Kudos

Hey All,

I am looking for bloggers to review my ebook or conduct an interview with me.  I am willing to review your ebook if your review mine or do an interview with you for one on your blog.  I have written a young adult/urban fantasy novel called Witches, Demons, & Deals.  I would like to keep the reviews/interviews in this and related catergories as well those are the pages I would like to review/interview on my blog.  Just email me if you are interested.

D.J. Cappella

Author of Witches, Demons & Deals

djcappella@gmail.com

www.djcappella.blogspot.com

Frequent Contributor
John_Gaffield
0 Kudos

One thing I have done, in addition to promoting on community boards, etc. is that I have some short stories available for free. They were submitted through Smashwords, but they were fed to other sellers, including B & N. This does your work out there and generates some interest in your books that you are trying to sell, not just give away. My first story has three reviews on Smashwords and I believe both short stories average 3 stars on B & N. I have not promoted anything on B & N until now, but I have made some sales. I can likely attribute this to having the free short stories available.

Other things I have done, include submitting some book details to my college alumni association to add to the newsletter. I may be featured in a newsletter at work (since it will likely be a while before I do not need a day job). I also listen to others on boards like this who may have good suggestions as well.

Good luck to all!

John T. Gaffield

Free short story: Slow Down  

Temporarily free short story: The Ghost of Birch River Cabin 

Heir to Winston Manor  

The Wahl House Curse  

Reader
Actionwriter
0 Kudos

John;

Good promotion at the end of your post--the roll over links to your book covers. How do you do that??

Thanks in advance.

W.Addison Gast

Interdiction

Extraction

The Patriot Hunt Club

Terrorist Number Two

Reciprocity

Frequent Contributor
John_Gaffield
0 Kudos

Actionwriter,

It's not really anything to complex. I used the Add Product button at the top of the Rich Text editor for the board post (it's there at the right end of the top icons). I searched for my last name under the ebook search and it drives up a list of the search results. You can add a link or a cover photo and a link to your posting. On the posting above, I just used the link. The cover photo and link seems to be more complex, though I eventually did figure it out for another post. Using the Preview button, also at the top of the editor, help to make sure that the posting will look how you expect it to look as well.

Good Luck!

John

Contributor
pixichick
0 Kudos

A lot of good advice on this one already, but I also wanted to add that there are a bunch of free sites where you can create a press release for yourself and your book.  Sometimes they are really beneficial, it just depends.  Good luck!

Author of Black Diamond Death
cherylbradshaw.com
unearththeclues.blogspot.com - blog for writers
New User
heatherhudak
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I've had a ton of success on one of the other booksellers sites---more than 7,000 ebook copies sold since January--but I just can't seem to garner any attention on B&N. I've tried all the traditional methods described here, but it's just not working. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Thanks,

Heather

Breathless  

New User
NaweG
0 Kudos

I think it comes down to how you market your book for each market you are selling. Depending on what the other market is, you may have an advantage based on your title being more closely related to the subject matter of the board. In my case, I'm seeing a bit more traffic on B&N because they had my book available first, AND I also do some Android development on the side, so some of the places I hang out are places with large Nook populations. Add in that my book has some color illustrations, and the Nook has some obvious advantages for my title.

That being the case, perhaps you should look at how you are marketing to the B&N audience and see if there's some way to be more "in tune" with the demographic of Nook users here?

Just my .02 worth

Camp Handiba

New User
Elijah_Joon
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I wonder if there's a way to make ebooks I have on PubIt! available to readers from free so they can get a taste of my style.

Also, I'd be willing to exchange tags with anyone, if that's allowed here.

Psalms Amidst Lamentations

TEMPORAL

AUSTRIAN-ACCENTED ACTION GUY

The Demo Tape