Administrator
NOOKPress_Admin
0 Kudos

PubIt! System Announcement: Technical Difficulties Resolved

PubIt! was experiencing an intermittent system issue over the past few days that resulted in a "Technical Difficulties" error message when posting titles for sale. This problem has now been resolved.

For publishers who received this error message, please select [Actions > Edit] next to the 'Not Yet Put On Sale' title(s) on your My Titles tab in the PubIt! dashboard.  Make sure all required fields on the "Edit/Add a Title" page are filled.  Scroll down to Section 6, check the checkbox next to "I confirm that I have all legal rights...", and click the green "Put on Sale" button. A message will appear to confirm that the eBook is processing and will be on sale within 72 hours. If you have any questions, please contact the PubIt! Team at pubit@bn.com .

We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

The PubIt! Team

Reader
Riott
0 Kudos

Re: PubIt! System Announcement: Technical Difficulties Resolved

It worked! Thanks.

New User
Rainsbow
0 Kudos

Children's Halloween book

5 days to draw the illustrations

20 min to write the story

Nearly a week and a half of struggling with the release for sale.

I'm sorry, I am so frustrated... but I have followed all of your instructions.

When I created my book in MS Word 2010 I did everything you said to do.

I tried to use ePUB and continually was unable to make it work. I got as far as running the scan and then it gave an error in the report that it didn't work.

I tried uploading my book to B&N and it previewed perfectly.

I tried hitting the sell it button and it gave me the error about tech difficulites every time.

I have now lost the window of opportunity, as between now the 23rd and the eve of Halloween is a little late to be releasing this book.

I tried everything I can think of and have failed at putting this book in a format you suggested.

Is there any source I can turn to to get answers? I am not able to afford to pay someone to do this for me. I am out of options.

I truly appreciate any help you might give me.

Sincerely,

Rain

New User
John-GaltMN
0 Kudos

I keep getting the exact same error messages too - I even tried uploading various formats (epub, .doc, etc.) . . . earlier today (Oct. 31) the PubIt website wouldn't even open so I am guessing the technical difficulties are still not fully resolved . . .

Reader 2
CarterkidCO
0 Kudos

Thanks - I noticed the title I began uploading on the 30th is listed as for sale, but there is no cover image available. Also, one of my other titles that's been up for some time is now missing a cover. Is this a "known issue" or do I have to reupload my covers?

New User
cwbuecheler
0 Kudos

The cover images system is still definitely broken. Won't take a new image, and won't display the existing image.

Reader
Jason_Kristopher
0 Kudos

I'm having this same problem, too. Very unprofressional when I'm trying to run a business.
Contributor
WriteByNight
0 Kudos

We are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later. We apologize for the inconvenience. I have book that is off sale. I uploaded a new version of it and was able to save it to PubIt! system, but only as a book that's not on sale. The system won't let me put it on sale. I've tried the instructions give in the first post. Doesn't work. Is this due to Sandy?
Contributor
montana17
0 Kudos

Can't get to the "actions" TAB. My book is STILL "PROCCESSING"  --for 10 days now! How do I fix that?

New User
HollyLisle-Writer
0 Kudos

I just got that notice on a new book, so I'm guessing your problems aren't yet resolved.

never give up on your dreams
---------------------------------------
http://hollylisle.com