Administrator
NOOKPress_Admin

PubIt! System Announcement: "Technical Difficulties" Error Message and Account Login

There has been an intermittent system issue over the past few days that resulted in a "Technical Difficulties" message to display when uploading files to the "Add/Edit a Title" page. This problem is being reported as resolved on Tuesday, Jan. 25. If anyone sees the "Technical Difficulties" message again please let us know.

Also, there was a temporary PubIt! account login problem that also should be fixed as of Jan. 25. Again, please let us know if anyone has trouble logging in after that date.

The PubIt! Team wishes everyone to know that we truly appreciate the feedback we get from our users, and we will continue to do everything possible to make PubIt! a success for everyone.

Frequent Contributor
darthreader
0 Kudos

Re: PubIt! System Announcement: "Technical Difficulties" Error Message and Account Login

Thanks!  My stuff is working great! 

Contributor
pdaak
0 Kudos

Re: PubIt! System Announcement: "Technical Difficulties" Error Message and Account Login

OK.  That's good news.

But I was able to log in and upload my replacement file on Friday.  It's now Tuesday and nothing has changed with my eBook.  It looks fine in Pubit! preview but I cannot download and read it from the Barnes & Noble bookstore.  If there is a problem with my file it would be nice for someone to let me know so that I can make corrections.

"The Employee Handbook"  ISBN-13:  2940012050731

Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update. But as of today my 'yesterday and today' sales are no longer displaying.

Help?

Melissa

Contributor
pdaak
0 Kudos

TIC.....TOC.....TIC.....TOC.....TIC.....TOC

Reader 4
Joe_Langen
0 Kudos

I have been trying to log in to my pubit account and have tried intermittently over the past month or so with consistent return of a message about "error processing request." Also a note that they are having technical difficulties and to try again later. I got this message a month ago and still get it every time I try to log in. Help!
Frequent Contributor
cale
0 Kudos

Just go to pubit.com instead and log-in at the top of the page. That seems to work better.
Contributor
Edward_Daniels
0 Kudos

It seems that this issue has, unfortunately, returned. I have been trying to post a new book since last night but get the "technical difficulties" error message each time.

Contributor
JasonMTL
0 Kudos

Yes, I'm also getting the same error. Tried deleting the book several times. Used 3 different computer. Still coming up.
Contributor
GregoryLeeWhite
0 Kudos

why would you DELETE the book if you're simply trying to publish if for sale?

Contributor
JasonMTL
0 Kudos

GregoryLeeWhite wrote:

why would you DELETE the book if you're simply trying to publish if for sale?

Sometimes when you paste the description for your book from Word, it gives you an error message. Same thing happens if you try to cut and paste the author info. So sometimes you have to delete the book and type everything instead of cutting and pasting.

That's not the issue now though.

Reader
EsmeraldaGreene
0 Kudos

I've also been having this problem since around noon today.

Just adding my report in case this is a problem that only some users are having.

Contributor
GregoryLeeWhite
0 Kudos

pubit returned my email and pretty much said, "oh, okay, we'll get someone to look at that."

Wondering whether or not this was the right thing and should I delete my book and head on over to Smashwords.

Contributor
JackWallen
0 Kudos

I was just adding my book to Smashwords myself. I have fans with Nooks who want this title. I guess B&N really doesn't care about selling books any longer.

Word of warning -- Smashwords is fresh out of ISBNs.

Frequent Contributor
1001nights
0 Kudos

Me too....

"Technical difficulties," so can't publish new book.

I'd contact Pubit, but why? They don't respond.

Contributor
JasonMTL
0 Kudos

I had an old book that has been published fine before but that I had taken off sale...in any case, I tried to republish that one again too and it didn't work. So yeah, it's definitely a Pub It error that needs to be fixed._

New User
QKelly
0 Kudos

I never had this problem, but I've been trying to publish a novella the past few days. Now I have the problem! I tried doing it on different computers and through two separate entries. No go. Any ideas?

Reader
Beauty18
0 Kudos

Re: PubIt! System Announcement: "Technical Difficulties" Error Message

Same problem for the last 3 days here:

We are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later. We apologize for the inconvenience.

It happend sometime, however, it never lasted for over 3 days, please help.

Thanks for great PubIt service.

New User
Michael45MJ
0 Kudos

Day three and still "Technical Issues." What is going on?
Reader
EsmeraldaGreene
0 Kudos

"Day three and still "Technical Issues." What is going on?"

Judging from the fact that, in all this time, no one from B&N has bothered to make a comment about this problem here, I'd say that what's going on is that PubIt is run by a bunch of incompetant bozos who don't give a sh*t about doing their jobs.