Contributor
HunnyDo
0 Kudos

Sales Not Reporting

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone was having issues with sales not reporting for the last couple days..

I have an average of 7 -8 copies sold on most weekdays, and average 12-15 on weekends, but for all of yesterday(wedns) and today(thurs) I havent seen a single reported sale... It is possible I am just having a lull, but seems unlikely.. Or did B&N do something recently that I dont know about?

Any info or ideas would be welcomed...

Thank you

New User
Isabel_King
0 Kudos

Re: Sales Not Reporting

I am totally in the same boat. This month started out with me having anywhere from 21-33 sales a day. Yesterday I sold 9. Today I sold 2 so far. I sincerely hope that there's some kind of reporting glitch and things look better when I check tomorrow.

Contributor
BookWorm713
0 Kudos

I have not seen any sales at all this month until you posted this.  That is soooo unusual.  There must be a glitch in the system.

CHRISTYDAVISBOOKS.COM
Contributor
jessiemay2
0 Kudos

Sometimes they change their algorithms, which effects what books get pushed closer to the reader's eyes. One can google amazon and algorithm and get a better understanding of how this works. Algorithms tend to favor the most popular books. It seems like all they need to do is showcase popular books and leave the rest of us alone, instead of pushing us down. Maybe they aren't intentionally pushing us down, but that seems to be the effect. Perhaps someone from B&N will step in and shed some light on this.

Words Move
http://dream2.org/Charlesharvey/
http://bit.ly/vWwjRj
http://bit.ly/vWwjRj
http://bit.ly/qupMTB
Contributor
patrick422
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
2days for me not reporting.
New User
Booklover39
0 Kudos

Our sales have not been reported for nearly a month. We record the sales rankings every day and some of our books have lost their ranking entirely. WHAT IS GOING ON AT BARNES AND NOBLE?

Medallion Books

New User
chiefAZ
0 Kudos

1 book in 19 days--When I have over a dozen titles.  Something is very wrong.  I know I am small banannas compared to other accounts, but I use to sell 20 to 40 books a month.  Then it dropped to five or six, and now down to 1.  If they are trying to push the small guy out, they are doing a very good job.  I won't be posting any new titles until sales on my current titles improve.  And yes, I have more titles to publish, and I do not plan to stay small banannas for ever. 

Contributor
DoyleH
0 Kudos

chiefAZ

We're seeing this too and sales are trickling in at an unusually slow rate. We also belief sales are not reporting but if they are trying to squeeze out the smaller publishers this would be to their detriment and to the gain of Amazon, Kobo and all the others out there who are hoping to gain more of the ebook market. They need to fix the reporting because this is the reason some small publishers are going exclusive with other programs. We hope to stay with Pubit but will have to see how it goes through the end of this year.  

Frequent Contributor
1001nights
0 Kudos

Oh, I thought I was the only one! I used to sell 1-2 books a day. Then at the same time the reviews got screwed up (I get reviews, but they aren't tallied and don't show up in the star rankings), sales screeched to a halt. Like a 2.5 week halt.

I've emailed support a few times to ask about these issues, but if I get an answer at all, it's an auto-responder telling me "the team" will look into it. I even tried messaging them on Facebook. They answered, but it was "Email the auto-responder address" and "our team is looking into it."

Reader
authorehutch
0 Kudos

OP,

I too am having the same problems. I sold three books on Thursday September 20 and another three on Friday September 21. Sometimes it would show up on Today and Yesterdays sale but it does not show up on my Monthly sales and seem to have vanished.I have tried contacting pubit@bn.com but no response.

I wonder if they will sort it out or is BN shady?

Frequent Contributor
goldenstatewriter
0 Kudos

My sales for the 20th and 21st have also disappeared from the reports. I noticed it when I saw that the montly total number wasn't increasing, but the day before had seen that I had over 30 sales for the two days combined.

Hopefully they will fix the error soon.

I don't believe that there is anything shady about Barnes and Noble. Been using them well over a year now and have always been happy with their service.

Reader
authorehutch
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply golden! It makes me feel much better. :smileyhappy:
Frequent Contributor
Angela_Beegle
0 Kudos

Okay, so it isn't just me. I KNOW I had 7 sales on the 20th, and then they just vanished. I should have been at 70 sales for the month this month, and I'm sitting at 63. I realize this is small beans, but they're supposed to be MY beans, you know?

Discouraging.

And yet, this month I've had (either 63 or 70) sales (depending on whose eyes you believe) and on Amazon I've had 2 (US/India) and 14 (UK). B&N is still a much better site for me by FAR. I want them to continue to be so.

Frequent Contributor
dmnelson
0 Kudos

I'm having same problem. Just wrote to B&N, but not holding out hope I'll hear back. But I feel better someone else is having same issue. When I looked at "yesterday" for last few days (since the 20th) I've had sales, but the next day the total stays the same as does the monthly report.

Contributor
DavidDial
0 Kudos

The issue re: 20th & 21st has been resoved for me. PubIt's response to my email was that there was a system-wide issue.

New User
JMinAz
0 Kudos

I am small potatoes. I first started to sell on Pubit in February, 2012. I immediately sold quite a few eBooks.  March a few more. Now, nothing since March. Zero, even though I'm promoting via blog, Twitter, Adwords, press release. Kindle sales have been wonderful for the exact same books over the same time period.  

I find it hard to believe I haven't sold a single copy since March on B&N.

Do you have the email address for B&N that was used to correct your situation? Or how did you contact them?

Thank you.

Contributor
DavidDial
0 Kudos

Go to the support tab on your PubIt page & scroll to the bottom. You will find the email address there.

Frequent Contributor
1001nights
0 Kudos

My sales just ... stopped. I was selling 1-2 a day, and then from the same time that my reviews got all screwed up (people leave new ones, but they're not tallied), my sales just stopped. I went 16 days with no sale. Then one. Then another week with 0. And so we sit. I've emailed ... oh, god, who haven't I emailed.

PubIt <pubit@bn.com>,
Publisher Author Inquiry <publisherauthorinquiry@bn.com>,
PubIt! Business <exch_pubitbusiness@book.com>,
pubitbusiness@book.com

Every once in a while I get an autobot responder. But never a real answer. I've been emailing for ... two months? Longer? I've tried messaging them on Facebook. Nada.

I don't know what to do. Clearly something is wrong with my account, but nobody will talk to me.

Frequent Contributor
Angela_Beegle
0 Kudos

1001nights, when you search B&N by your name, and separately, your titles, do your book(s) come up?  Have you bought a copy of your own book experimentally to see if the purchase tallies correctly, or had someone do it for you?

My books don't come up on Amazon unless you search by my name, or type the titles in, individually, inside quote marks. So, my sales there are....oh, 1 or 2 or 3 a month (USA) (slightly higher in the UK, oddly enough).

On BN, mine come up by title without quote marks, by my name, or if you just type in 'Werewolves' as a search term - all four in the top 10. BN clearly has a better search engine.

So....if your books come up, and you know sales are tallying, perhaps there is some other issue.  What is your price point like? Do you have a website? Weebly offers a basic one for free. Where do you advertise? What if you revise your blurb? In fact, if you tell me your title(s), I'll be happy to look at your blurb and see if it grabs me, or if I can make any helpful suggestions.

Oh. And my sales from 9/25 haven't posted, after the issue from earlier in the week resolved. Grrr.

New User
cartesianbear
0 Kudos

I'm too new here to have a track record, but my sales, compared to other sellers (when their systems are working) here are abysmal. I can't believe I'm getting one sale a month.