Frequent Contributor
JimLow
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Sales for April 11th Vanished - Anyone Else?

I had five new sales appear for April 11th and noticed they disappeared last night.I figured they were moving them to the total for the month but instead, they are nowhere in my reports today.

This may correct within a day or two but wondered if any of you have seen your April 11th sales vanish?

I should have done like one of the members here, who said they would be taking screen shots of their sales. Might be a good idea for a while because last year I had sales vanish and they were never re-applied to my reports. I even remembered the titles for some of those that vanished but the letter from then-Pubit! Support stated that reports were running normally.

I upset forum members last year, who thought I was postting about glitchy sales reports too often but emails alone don't help to show whether or not a glitch is affecting one publisher, a few publishers or everyone. Even Nook Press should want to know this ("should" being the key word in my last sentence).

Frequent Contributor
JimLow
0 Kudos

Re: Sales for April 11th Vanished - Anyone Else?

[ Edited ]

Okay...I must make apology because though the 5 sales for the 11th did not show up on the running monthly total yet that displays automatically, they do appear when I click the link that shows "monthly sales reports".

My mistake, sorry, regrettable, lamentable, unfortunate and deplorable on my part!

Frequent Contributor
JimLow
0 Kudos

Also -- Those 5 units have now been posted to the "Units Sold This Month" area of my reports, so this was a case of my jumping the gun.

A thousand pardens again and sometime today I will flog myself for this.:smileymad:.

Frequent Contributor
JimLow
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Just to show that the system is glitching a bit, I noticed a couple hours ago that my today's unit sales disappeared and it's too early for it to have been moved to "yesterday's sales". Today's doesn't appear under my "Units Sold This Month" either, so for the time being has vanished. I'm confident today's will come back and looks to be playing hide-and-seek because they are still trying to tweak the system.  

(Within minutes of my posting the above, the disappeared sales reappeared under "Today's & Yesterday's" sales tab. Wow, they must be doing a lot of moving things around. This may prove to be the norm for the new system but.... as long as everything is accounted for :manhappy:.)

Frequent Contributor
1001nights
0 Kudos

I think I've figured out what is happening--at least with April.

Older sales show up on your monthly report. Today's sales are listed under today. Yesterday's sales are listed under yesterday. BUT! The sales from the day before yesterday aren't listed anywhere. So eventually they will appear on your montnly report, and you will have seen them move from "today" to "yesterday." But for about a day, they won't be listed anywhere at all.

Mad, totally mad.

Frequent Contributor
JimLow
0 Kudos

I had today's sales drop off the reports but also yesterday's, at different points of the day today but then they would reappear in the spots where they are supposed to be. The system doesn't appear to have been as ready for the transition as they may have thought it to be but I'm sure they'll get it lined out soon. I'm being the strong optimist that I know I'm supposed to be.