Contributor
sdsmith64

Sales for the 19th not showing!

My sales for the 19th are not showing up In my Monthly Sales report for August.

Any one else?

Contributor
pathmaker
0 Kudos

Re: Sales for the 19th not showing!

Yes, same problem. seems identical to last week's issue. Please report it, if you haven't already. I did this morning via email and this afternoon by live chat.

Frequent Contributor
LearningIsland
0 Kudos

Same here. Only a couple sales for the 19th showing up and nothing for the 20th.

Here we go again!

Frequent Contributor
dmnelson
0 Kudos

I'm showing no sales for 19th, 20th, 21st. I've never gone three days without any sales before. I emailed yesterday to report that threads were reporting same issues again and asked if they were having the same problem. Of course, no response.

Contributor
sdsmith64
0 Kudos

Had a chat with support about sales for the 19th (and now the 20th) not showing:

Arden: Thank you for joining NOOK Press Chat Support! My name is Arden.

Arden: How may I help you today?

Steve: My sales for the 19th are not showing up In my Monthly Sales report for August.

Steve: others are having the same problem

Arden: My apologies, Steve. We had Sales issue these past week, Steve.

Arden: We are still working on it. Kindly wait for the Sales update within this week, Steve.

Steve: ok also sales for the 20th

Arden: Yes, that will be covered.

Arden: Is there anything else I can help you with?

Steve: no ...thanks

Arden likes saying my name...LOL

New User
MichelleStimpson-Author
0 Kudos

Same here,

I'm just trying to remember to take screen shots every night. I do see sales (I'm guessing for the most part?) on the "Recent Sales" page, but I never saw anything for the 19th.

Frequent Contributor
goldenstatewriter
0 Kudos

I had sales on the 19th and the 20th. But now they're missing from the monthly tally.

I am going to experiement with taking my business to Smashwords, by moving about half my catalog there. If it seems to do okay I'll move the rest of my stuff there.

I have lost faith in B&N.

Contributor
Amaran_three
0 Kudos

It looks like the monthly sales are now properly displaying for sales made on the 21st (and presumably later... but we'll see after tonight), but the 19/20 sales are still not there.
Contributor
pathmaker
0 Kudos

I assume you mean that sales are showing up on the "recent sales" report? And now you're waiting to see if they "move" to the "monthly sales report" as they should?

That's whay I'm observing. But I would not at this point assume any sales are moving to the monthly sales report as it should, since at least the 19th. Until I see a sale dated Aug 19 or later on the recent sales report that then moves to the monthly sales report, I won't presume that anything has been fixed.

Contributor
Amaran_three
0 Kudos

My sales from the 21st appear in the monthly sales report, but not the ones from the 19/20. That's why I assumed it was partially fixed. This is just what I'm observing -- it might be different for everyone. 

Frequent Contributor
dmnelson
0 Kudos

I bit the bullet and decided to add my books to iBooks though I'd heard I'd need an ISBN number etc (which we don't). I downloaded the software, opened the Word document in Pages, exported as epub and bam - done. When I needed help - get this - a human answered and knew what they were talking about. However, it takes more than 48 hours to appear on sale so I will keep you posted on whether the experiment stays a happy one. I don't use an aggregator so I expected a nightmare of reformatting. Still can't get over that I've called three times and three different people have answered and all were helpful, polite, and knew what they were talking about. 

Contributor
pathmaker
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Amaran_three - I understand. Hmmm, so maybe it is only a glitch for those couple of days.

dmnelson - I had a good experience uploading with itunes as well, and though my sales were slow the first several weeks, I've noticed that now the itunes sales virtually match my nook sales. I think ipad users who might have originally used kindle and nook emulation might be starting to simply purchase and read the ibook versions directly when the titles are available there.

Also, I did receive a message back from support, acknowledging the issue and indicating they are looking into it - assuring me the sales are recorded elsewhere and that it is an issue of what displays on the monthly sales reports.

Frequent Contributor
JMChristopher

I've spoken to the people over at Smashwords. They don't use Nook Press at all, they go straight to Barnes and Noble (not sure what the difference is). But they never saw any drop in sales when Nook Press took over (which many of us have) and they've never had a reporting issue. So, I think it is time to bite the bullet and go on over to Smashwords permanently.
Frequent Contributor
LearningIsland
0 Kudos

Anyone who changes over, please, please, please let us know how your sales are affected by the switchover to Smashwords. If the sales don't change any, and especially if they go up, it is definately worth looking at. We would appreciate any feedback (on a new thread, please so it shows up at the top). And for us, we would really love to know for anyone who publishes children's books.

Thank you.

LearningIsland

Small book press of over 300 children's books.

Frequent Contributor
goldenstatewriter
0 Kudos

I just moved half of my catalog over today, (was waiting for them to show up here via Smashwords before taking them down here). I made a post about it separately earlier.

If my sales numbers for the half I took down suddenly improve dramatically, then I will pull the rest of my catalog.

I like Smashwords a lot, I've been dealing with them since I started, to date I deal with B&N Amazon and Smashwords. B&N has been my best sales channel for a while, which is why I hav continued to deal with them directly (until now). Amazon doesn't allow third parties. For everyone else it is Smashwords, and I would advice people NOT to deal with apple directly, they're not very nice over there. Go thru Smashwords.

Frequent Contributor
TomRichardson
0 Kudos

> ...I would advice people NOT to deal with apple directly, they're not very nice over there. Go thru Smashwords.

Or hit Apple through draft2digital.com.