Frequent Contributor
LearningIsland
0 Kudos

Sales have died! Even worse

Sales for the past few days have died again! We (small publisher) have been down to 50 books a day for the past few months. Suddenly this past week we are lucky to get 15 - 20 sales a day! What is happening?! B&N used to outsell Amazon 5 to 1, now they're just barely keeping even.

Reader
Tori_Scott
0 Kudos

Re: Sales have died! Even worse

What sales I've had keep disappearing. $21 in one day, gone. $30 another day, gone. Emailed support and was told I didn't know what I was talking about, they are right, I'm wrong. Don't they realize we obsessively check our sales multiple times a day, so we know when sales disappear and money doesn't get added to our account?

Frequent Contributor
dmnelson
0 Kudos

I fear some of the problems arose when news came of B&N's fiscal troubles. I'm sure Nook sales have tumbled which correlates to sales tumbling. However that does not explain the disappearing sales. I will be in deep trouble if my only outlet is Amazon.

Frequent Contributor
JMChristopher
0 Kudos

Not sure what to think. I have been under the impression since about April that Barnes and Noble has been manipulating my sales figures. I personally don't think they are reporting every sale. The problem is, I can't prove it.

Personally, I can't see how I can go from over 4,000 sale per month down to the less than 2,000 I am projecting for this month in such a short period. Something doesn't add up.
Frequent Contributor
AEplus
0 Kudos

Normally I'm pretty positive when things seem to go awry with Nook Press however this month has been about 1/4 of my normal sales consistantly. It makes me curious about what's going on with the system.

Frequent Contributor
Windy30
0 Kudos

same here, and I was told that it is because nook sales are down.

Frequent Contributor
Windy30
0 Kudos

Same thing here, and not sure what we can do unless everyone gets together and hires an accountant to do an audit, and not sure how that would work.

Frequent Contributor
raines
0 Kudos

Ditto, something is not right.  Sale are lower then ever