Contributor
CBecker
0 Kudos

Sales

Yesterday (Monday) and today, are the worst sales on Pubit I've had since I first started selling my ebooks. I honestly haven't had sales this low since my first month on Pubit. 

Is anyone else having this issue? I'm hoping it's a sitewide issue, not just something impacting me. 

FMP
New User
FMP
0 Kudos

Re: Sales

In reply to previous complainer. I have 20 books published on Amazon, Apple and B & N. Amazon sales are much higher by sevral facors. My sales usually run about the same on Apple and B & N. Then sales on B & N just stops while the sales on the other publishers goes on. From Feb 19 to March 5 there were no sales on B &N. I wrote B & N and complained. Immediately my sales started again. They did something to their system. I don;'t think they are deliberately cheating by not recording sales. I think there is something wrong with their system. More people should complain so they will correct the problem. FMP

New User
PJSharon
0 Kudos

In response to both of the comments on this page, my B&N sales have dropped to next to nothing. They have never been great but so far in March, I've sold ONE copy of one of my books. I'm still selling 10-15 a day at Amazon. It's a good case for going over to the KDP Select program. I'm hoping B&N starts taking some action to help authors increase their visibility and sales.

Contributor
EclecticMango
0 Kudos

I found that sales plummeted (down by 2/3 for me) last September/October when B&N revamped their site, favoring major publishers over PubIt authors. Then sales spiked nicely in December and started tanking again in January. I'm not sure why my sales are so low. They're not quite non-existent yet, but I'm also beginning to think I might pull my books and go with KDP select instead.

Has anyone here tried it, and if so, was it worth it?

Reader
Pokerpro69
0 Kudos

i have had 8-12 sales daily every day since i started today is zero immpossible something is definitly wrong with system

Frequent Contributor
goldenstatewriter
0 Kudos

EclecticMango wrote:

I found that sales plummeted (down by 2/3 for me) last September/October when B&N revamped their site, favoring major publishers over PubIt authors. Then sales spiked nicely in December and started tanking again in January. I'm not sure why my sales are so low. They're not quite non-existent yet, but I'm also beginning to think I might pull my books and go with KDP select instead.

Has anyone here tried it, and if so, was it worth it?

I tried the select program with one of my books. The ability to put a book up for free got me into the top ten on the UK and Germany Amazon's and in the Top 20 on the US site. While my book was not selected for the borrow feature more than a few times, each time it was selected I got about 3 times as much money as a normal sale would have gotten me. Which was a bit of a shock. Then again I had the book up for 99 cents at the time.

A number of authors swear by the select program over there and have pulled their titles from all other book sellers and are dealing exclusively with Amazon now because Amazon is helping them to make money. Whereas B&N doesn't seem to care anymore. example: For every 1 book I have sold here on B&N this month I have sold 3 on Smashwords and 13 on Amazon! Last year that was not the case at all. I don't want to leave B&N, but if my sales keep flagging here I will definitely pull my sci-fi and probably half my romance and start pushing it in the Kindle Select program.

Contributor
EclecticMango
0 Kudos

Thank you, goldenstate! This is the best info I've seen so far regarding KDP Select results. I will try it with my future titles.

I have really liked publishing on B&N, but the past six months have been disturbing. The revamp of their site in Sept/Oct hurt a lot, but their huge lack of oversight recently is going to drive away customers--and therefore publishers. Two big problems are the spammy (and often disturbing) comments on my books, and allowing the huge influx of content that is blatantly against TOS (for example, where the word incest is actually in the title, which should be a pretty easy catch).

The last time I published a book, it was nestled between several TOS-violating books in the PubIt New Releases. I'm no prude, but the titles and the covers nearly burned my eyeballs! I reported the books, but there seems to be a new influx daily.

As a customer, I would be afraid to ever visit the New Releases page again. Sad....

Correspondent
Strayer
0 Kudos

I read at Kindle Boards that Amazon is taking down over the top books. It could be that the Indies are coming over to B&N.