Contributor
CBecker
0 Kudos

Sales

Last night my sales completely died at about 6 PM. Then today, I have only a few sales, where I usually have over 20 by now. It looks like things stopped updating last night through this morning, and may have stopped again. Has anyone else noticed this, or are sales just really dead right now? 

Contributor
Ken_SMP
0 Kudos

Re: Sales

Noticed the same! Looks like I've had a slow day then when the sales go from yesterday's sales into the total I have magically gained sales. Today my sales have frozen, or have they? Frustrating to say the least. Anyone else experience this?
Contributor
CBecker
0 Kudos

I had that happen for sales on the 1st and 2nd, once they added to the monthly total there was a large increase in the sales. I'm hoping that happens for yesterday and today as well, sales have been less than half what they should. 

I'm just glad it appears to be an error, and not a scary drop in sales. Hopefully it will get fixed soon. 

Contributor
Ken_SMP
0 Kudos

Once again same thing here, I hope it straightens out soon. It gets to be pretty nerve wracking wondering if your sales will actually go up once they hit the monthly totals! I'm sure this will get fixed, hopefully sooner rather than later.
Frequent Contributor
JMChristopher
0 Kudos

ALso have noticed a drop in sales. Have also seen sales not being reported. Wondering why and when it will be fixed.

Contributor
Ken_SMP
0 Kudos

JMChristoper, have your sales been adjusting when they reach monthly totals? I can't quite figure out the pattern, seems about 1/4 of my sales aren't being reported until they reach monthly sales. From about now until the morning my sales won't update at all. Frustrating to say the least, it's become a mind game to try and figure out where I'm actually at! Wondering if this has been reported or if they even know....
Frequent Contributor
JMChristopher
0 Kudos

Mine don't seem to update for much of the day. Then when I check in the morning, there's a bunch more sales for today that didn't appear. Like for instance, I show 67 sales right now, but it's been there for a while. I will probably see over 100 by morning. But then... if I check during the day, my sales for today might increase again. It's been doing this since the 1st of the month. So, I don't know anymore.

All I know is that along with this problem... I have seen a dramatic decrease in my sales (down at least 25%, and quite suddenly), which I am wondering if this is all part of the problem as well that the sales just aren't being reported at all.

Frequent Contributor
JMChristopher
0 Kudos

Okay... so now I had 120 sales on 3/12... and now that it's gone over into my monthly sales, it's only showing 15 sales. I am really beginning to hate these bugs in BN's system!

Contributor
Ken_SMP
0 Kudos

Wow first off congrats on so many sales! I had two sales on 3/12 and only one showed up in the monthly totals! I hope this gets sorted out quickly, very frustrating!
Contributor
BookWorm713
0 Kudos

I would like to know if it's software related or something that we will read about in all the papers later.  What is going on?  BARNES AND NOBLE should send out emails to all authors explaining the situation instead of letting everyone sit here and wonder if there is something really bad going on here. 

I'M JUST SAYING... It would be nice if the company kept us posted because it's obvious to everyone something is happening.

CHRISTYDAVISBOOKS.COM
Contributor
Brighteyes71
0 Kudos

I have consistently had sales since the 2nd of this month, but now the last thing I show is on the 11th.  I logged on at 1 a.m. last night (The 14th) my time, and I got an error message that read 'We are experiencing technical difficulties."  I wonder if that somehow messed up the sales, because usually I get at least one sale two days from the date I make one.  Well, I'm not showing anything for tonight either, which would technically be showing sales for the 13th.  Anyone else experiencing this?

Frequent Contributor
JMChristopher
0 Kudos

Well, my sales have not updated for the 12th... and my sales from the 13th have now disappeared. I have sent an email to B&N, and of course have received no response.

If this doesn't get sorted out soon, I think we need to start considering legal action against B&N.

Frequent Contributor
dogg12345
0 Kudos

wow! I just looked as well...

my sales for the 12th and 13th? gone! disappeared! 

wtf?

not cool...

Contributor
Brighteyes71
0 Kudos

Update on mine:  The sales are usually two days behind and I don't show anything for the 14th.  However, I just checked a little bit ago and the sales for the 12th and the 13th have finally showed up.  However, I did email them early in the morning so...I don't know if they needed to fix things on a wide scale, or if you will only get results if you mail them.  I really don't know.