Frequent Contributor
ribbons55
0 Kudos

State Attorney General notifed of sales glitches

I've been watching daily sales closely for a while and taking screen shots of the appearing and disappearing sales numbers.  I think I now have enough information to take this fiasco to our state attorney general. I'm going to draft a preliminary letter first as I have no idea if investigating internet sales is something a state attorney general can do but I'm going to give it a shot.  If there are any other North Carolina authors here that would like to add their own experiences to this, drop me a line at ribbons55@yahoo.com. 

The Red Serge Novels
http://bit.ly/12UgIRh
Frequent Contributor
sayndee
0 Kudos

Re: State Attorney General notifed of sales glitches

You can do what you want, but I do not believe that is a good idea at all. Technical difficulties are not necessarily anyone's fault. And right now, a lot of folks do not have paychecks coming in. Sales are slow everywhere. Reporting this to Attorney General seems a bit ...well a waste of time. I do not believe Barnes and Noble is trying to rip anyone off. And it certainly won't do you any favors.

Elaine
Frequent Contributor
TomRichardson
0 Kudos

"Technical difficulties" that benefit B&N need to be investigated. This has happened to too many people, for too long. At best, it is carelessness on B&N's part. B&N is not doing us a favor by selling our books; it's the other way around. IF B&N doesn't like our getting uppity, what they going to do -- not pay us for book sales?
Frequent Contributor
ribbons55
0 Kudos

Technical difficulties are the fault of the programmers and technicians that administer the site.  Granted, glitches happen but this has gone on far too long to be just a glitch.  I'm not necessarily saying it is intentional.  Chances are it is more a case of negligence than intentional mismanagement.  Still, I think someone, somewhere needs to look into this.  This website is part of B&N's income and I would think they would be concerned unless everyone associated with this is asleep at the wheel.  I don't see of hear of this kinds of problems with the www.BN.com website.  I have followed this and taken enough screen shots of "strangeness" in sales number that I'm hoping the AG can at least wake them up if nothing else. 

The Red Serge Novels
http://bit.ly/12UgIRh
Frequent Contributor
Angela_Beegle
0 Kudos

It seems surprassingly unlikely to me that I can have multiple daily sales for a week, and then ZERO for a week, and then multiple daily sales for a week. That's not a "glitch".

New User
Heroines-in-Love
0 Kudos

Have you noticed any changes since October?