Frequent Contributor
parKb5
0 Kudos

Technical Difficulties?

I'm trying to upload my first book to Pubit and I can't even get past the Account Setup screen. I get the message - "We are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later. We apologize for the inconvenience." I've been getting that message since yesterday.

Does anyone know how long until this is fixed?

Eden
My first ebook is up for sale for only $0.99!
Contributor
HunkyManatee
0 Kudos

Re: Technical Difficulties?

I've had a few of those recently, too.  I think they must be doing some kind of server overhaul.  Probably a lot more server activity now than they are used to.  Hang in there and keep trying, especially at slower times (late at night, etc) - never give up :smileyhappy:

Jamie

Contributor
zapstone_productions
0 Kudos

I've been trying to upload several books now for three days. I am also getting the "technical difficulty, try again later". I've uploaded formatted epubs before with no issue, and the cover images uploaded fine... it's annoying.

Contributor
CELange
0 Kudos

Same problem for the last 2 days here. My first book went live Thursday morning. It looked perfect when I uploaded it via Pubit!, I checked the preview PLUS I downloaded the epub file to my Nook for PC app, looked beautiful. The final version does not have indents anywhere!

I need to update my file before somebody buys it! Please get this resolved as soon as you can. Thank you! I don't want my file looking like this, and for the beauty of BN.com, I'm sure you B&N doesn't want unformatted materials for sale either! Just my 2 cents. Please investigate and fix.

Contributor
CELange
0 Kudos

I just wanted to add that I know what I did wrong during formatting, and it's fixed now. I think. I'll find out when Pubit let's me update the file :smileywink:

PubIt_Admin
0 Kudos

Hi all,

PubIt! is currently experiencing some technical difficulties with uploading files. We're aware of the problem and are working to fix it ASAP! Sorry for the inconvenience, and we will post here when everything is back to running as usual.

Thanks,
The PubIt! Team

Contributor
zapstone_productions
0 Kudos

I just got a nice note from tech support saying they're trying to fix the issue. I was surprised because it took three weeks and two followup emails for my last support inquiry to be addressed. It was very nice to hear back in a couple hours. Hopefully the issue will be resolved soon...guess we'll have to wait and see.

Contributor
Bookwyrm55
0 Kudos

I suspect that since this problem is everyone's they are getting a LOT of notes to support about now.  It's been broken since sometime yesterday...hopefully back up soon.

PubIt_Admin
0 Kudos

Hi Publishers,

We're happy to report that this issue has been resolved, and you should be able to upload files and see previews now without a problem. So sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for your support!

Best,

The PubIt! Team

Contributor
CELange
0 Kudos

It seems to be working perfectly now. You're amazing! Thanks!

aaf
New User
aaf
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem. This has been going on for months. The pubIT people reply to my emails by telling me to either wait or go to the help board. I have no help for you but I do commiserate.

Author
novelimagination
0 Kudos

Are we dealing with this same problem again? All week I've been having trouble loading...nothing comes through. STill going on!

It's Sunday the 19th.

The Chimney Still Stands on "eStands" everywhere! :smileyhappy:

AND...I am now available for Virtual Author Visits via Skype!
New User
Mayzshon
0 Kudos

The problem has returned. I've been trying to upload an epub file for two days now, and I keep getting the technical difficulties message.

Contributor
BrianJackson
0 Kudos

The problem has not be fixed.  I'm still receiving the same message when I try to upload the text of my eBook.