Reader
Photo2Phantom
0 Kudos

Terms of Contract...

Hello,

I am interested in getting into the Pubit! program, but I had a few concerns and questions that I haven't been able to find anywhere yet.

The main concern, is, if I use Pubit! and I want to turn around and sell my book through another publishing company, what type of contract does Pubit! have that would either prevent, hinder, or otherwise keep me from doing so?  Meaning, what type of contract would I be signing into with Pubit!?

Like I said, I'm very interested in the prospect of selling my books digitally, and I look forward to any feedback y'all can give!  Thank you!

- Aimee

Frequent Contributor
sayndee
0 Kudos

Re: Terms of Contract...

As long as you hold all the rights to your books, you can basically publish them anywhere you wish...Some of mine are here and in Kindle. Hope this helps.

Elaine
Frequent Contributor
Slowreader1

Don't think of B&N (or Amazon) as publishers. Think of them as distributors. Whatever you do with PubIt or the DTP, you do on a non-exclusive basis. The main thing they enforce is that you don't undersell them elsewhere.

Reader
Photo2Phantom
0 Kudos

Thanks! That definitely puts me more at ease. Now I just have to talk to my co-author about getting our book on Pubit! You have both helped tremendously! - Aimee