Contributor
TempestSilverHawke
0 Kudos

Tips for a new author? Formatting, number of pages, and writing tips, to be sexy or not to be sexy?

Hello everyone,

I am halfway through my first book "The Reluctant Bride" I don't want to give too much away but I am very happy to have started this one, do you guys have any tips on formatting or the Nook I was told that if you take the number of words you have and divide it by 250 you get your guess of pages? I doubt that is true, but I was wondering.

This is a romance novel, and I wanted to know if you guys have any tips that you would have wished you had when you first started. The sneak peek for "The Reluctant Bride" will be out hopefully by the end of this week. 

I am so nervous..My friend is doing the cover art for it and I hope that this does well. 

Now, to get sexy..Or not? 

I think that the vulgarity in 50 shades is, well off putting and I think a nice mellow medium would be liked since this is a fantasy fiction book. 

Thank you guys!

Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

Re: Tips for a new author? Formatting, number of pages, and writing tips, to be sexy or not to be se

Hi there Tempest! Welcome to the Pubit Forum and congratulations on your upcoming book! :smileyvery-happy:

You can divide by 250 to find approximate pages, but that's as a rough guess for paperback print. Not so much for ebooks. Although it's not so far behind in the approximation...

As far as going sexy or not, well, that's completely up to you. The author.