New User
mdecapite
0 Kudos

Uploaded ms. in epub. Indentations recognized in Manuscript Editor but NOT in Nook Preview.

I set up a manuscript in Word using first-line indentations rather than tabs. I converted it to epub and uploaded it to Nook. In Manuscript Editor, the text is as I intended: indentations in paragraphs except those which begin a chapter or come after an extra hard return. But in Nook Preview, it's the opposite: paragraphs beginning a chapter or coming after an extra hard return are indented, and regular paragraphs are not. Should I start over and upload the ms. from an htm document?

Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

Re: Uploaded ms. in epub. Indentations recognized in Manuscript Editor but NOT in Nook Preview.

Did you use NPress to convert your doc to epub? If so, I would suggest you have your file formatted first and then re-upload. Also, you should, if possible, always check your file on an actual device instead of relying on the Nook Previewer or the Nook for PC. The manuscript editor is also something you should avoid. Until BN fixes it, using it will only create more problems with a clean file and none of the previewers I listed are going to show you what a buyer will see when they purchase your book.

It's good that you didn't use tabs. They just mess up the formatting anyway.

Hope I helped :smileytongue: