New User
RABartle
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Vendor Account set-up

The vendor account set-up seems to require a bank account routing number.

I live in the UK. We don't have routing numbers here. We have IBAN/Swift, but routing numbers are just a North America thing.

Am I stuffed?

New User
RWatt
0 Kudos

Re: Vendor Account set-up

I'm having exactly the same issue from Canada - Canadian routing numbers use a different format to US ones, and it won't accept the number.  There must be a work around for this.

New User
RWatt

Well, never mind - according to the last paragraph of this article, it's not possible.  Ah well - Nook owners who want to read my book will just have to pirate it.  Thanks, B&N - you're part of the problem, not part of the solution...

New User
RABartle
0 Kudos

Thanks for finding that nugget.

So I was right: I am stuffed.

Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

If you're not opposed to using a third party vendor, you can get your books into BN and a few other places by using Smashwords.

Just a thought.

New User
RABartle
0 Kudos

Thanks, yes, Smashwords is next on my list of sites to try. I'd have gone with it first but I already have my book on the Kindle so didn't want the hassle of unKindling it.
Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

Smashwords doesn't exactly have a contract with Amazon, so you won't have to de-list your book. You would only be using Smashwords as a backdoor into BN and a couple of other places minus Amazon.