New User
LoriVillarreal
0 Kudos

Re: WOW! sales taken a nosedive!

My sales have consistently been updating once every 24 hours, usually after midnight for the day before. It's certainly not updating every few hours that's for sure. I purchased one copy of each of my books once they went live as a test and to make sure the formatting was good. Those sales weren't posted until the next day.

Whispers in Time: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Whispers-in-Time/Lori-Villarreal/e/2940012268907/?itm=1&USRI=lori+v...

The Devil Rogue: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Devil-Rogue/Lori-Villarreal/e/2940012340320/?itm=2&USRI=lori+vi...

Kissing Mr. Bellamy: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Kissing-Mr-Bellamy/Lori-Villarreal/e/2940012348418/?itm=4&USRI=lori...

Twelfth Moon: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Twelfth-Moon/Lori-Villarreal/e/2940012296597/?itm=3&USRI=lori+villa...

Contributor
EmilyHillNovelist
0 Kudos

WOW! sales taken a nosedive! *SALES FOUND!* Look Here...

Hi, I chimed in this morning agreeing that my sales were tallied at zero even though I had self-tested by purchasing copies of my own title. Clicking like a little chimpanze on my Pubit! dashboard, I clicked on the left-side feature "Sales Report" - Voila! There were all my sales! At the "Today's Sales" click. Yes, it's unsettling not to see a tally on the main page at this month's sales tally, but try this second spot and see if you don't locate the sales for your titles. Whew! I feel so much better.

Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

Re: WOW! sales taken a nosedive! *SALES FOUND!* Look Here...

Yes, the monthly sales report is two days behind. Becuase we have a yesterday and today sales pages.

Glad you've had sales!

Melissa

Contributor
MPHeart
0 Kudos

Re: WOW! sales taken a nosedive! *SALES FOUND!* Look Here...

The refine your search option is broken because of a huge ad to the left hand side on the Pubit barnes and nobles page. I am not sure if they are aware of this. Also the refine your search option is not working at all in the pubit section.

Frequent Contributor
dogg12345
0 Kudos

so, this weekend was just like the entire past week.

and that is...low, low sales.

I thought that maybe, with the weekend historically bringing in the most sales, things would pick up more.

but alas, nothing like that happened.

I sure as hell don't know what's going on...

oh, well.

Frequent Contributor
MichelleMuto
0 Kudos

Searches still aren't right. I know it killed my sales. I have no idea if the searches are being fixed or what.

The Book of Lost Souls Being a teen witch has never been more fun. Or trouble.
Don’t Fear the Reaper Because I could not stop for Death, he kindly stopped for me...~Emily Dickinson 17-yr-old Keely Morrison finds that death isn't any easier than life.
Frequent Contributor
dogg12345
0 Kudos

while it's still too early to call, this weekend (Sunday only), marked the return of my sales back to their prior levels (before they dropped off the cliff)!

I will monitor my sales this week and see if they remain at the levels they were when this month started.

how was your weekend guys?

did u guys experience an uptick in sales as well?

Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

Nope. I can hear crickets from across the street it's so dead at my sales page.

Frequent Contributor
raines
0 Kudos

My sales skyrocketed this weekend and are still going stong!:smileyvery-happy:

Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

Congratulations! Mind if I rub against you and gather some of your luck? :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
raines
0 Kudos

Thanks. I was hoping everyones sales were back! I was hoping it was that they fixed the problems with search engines and stuff. I think they will get better when tax returns come in!

Contributor
EmilyHillNovelist
0 Kudos

Actually, I think it's market share.  I've sold at least 36 titles on Amazon this month, five book store sales; and only 6 Barnes & Noble sales.  Location, Location, Location! 

I've relaxed a little about the whole thing.  JAKonrath had a guest blogger [a woman] who pitted her [probably paranormal ;] sales on B&N versus his Amazon sales, and she was the only one I've read who's pulling on B&N.  Zoe Winters is pitching the don't put all your eggs in one basket - and she's going with Ingram for a soft cover in B&N stores. 

Funny, roller coaster business....ePubbing. 

Emily Hill,  All Smart Cookies Can Self Publish - on Nook  ;D

Frequent Contributor
BK201
0 Kudos

Yes,.. Sales are still ok, at an everage of 2 to 5 a day. However, compared to my January/Feb/March months that gained about a hundred purchases per month... as soon as April hit, suddenly my sales definitely went on low gear. 

I think it has a lot to do with the seasons. Winter makes people want to stay in and read. Warm weather implies a need to get some much needed sun. 

----

JTF-3 Counter Ops 

PANDORA

Contributor
EmilyHillNovelist

Re: WOW!

Hi, got your message on sales of 2-5 a day.  And the attached cover art.  You are the Best Example of the advice I give my self-pub clients!  ;D  Professional cover art and writing to popular genre will make an author... A Star!  WoW! indeed.

Emily Hill,  All Smart Cookies Can Self Publish...on Nook! ;D