Parilee

Welcome to PubIt!

Welcome to the PubIt! community board! 

Feel free to post questions that you would like the PubIt! users to help you answer.  Visit often to see what other PubIt! ebook sellers are chatting about and to learn about updates and changes to the service.

We look forward to your questions and comments and we welcome all constructive feedback to help us continually refine the PubIt! portal.

We hope you enjoy selling your eBooks through PubIt! by Barnes & Noble.

The PubIt! Team at Barnes & Noble

Contributor
nookQueen
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to PubIt!

I've been looking for the invite since August, but have not received one.  Also, would you provide details about the process of obtaining an ISBN for each book submitted to PubIt? Are the writers responsible for this, or does B&N take care of this important issue? Thanks.

Contributor
neilcrab
0 Kudos

My three books are here in B&N eBooks via Smashwords. Do I need to change anything?

Also, if I choose to change pricing on the books (two are free downloads) do I do it through Smashwords or through Pubit!?  And are there marketing campaigns through Pubit! I can join?

Let me know.

Neil Crabtree

Author of Believable Lies

The Dead Mayberrys And Other Stories

The Big Kaboom

Neil Crabtree
Frequent Contributor
Slowreader1
0 Kudos

files to upload

You specify that one can upload an html file. But what if the file has images? Do you also accept a zip file containing the html document and the relevant images?

Inspired Wordsmith
Hypatia1
0 Kudos

Type size in pubit

Not sure if this is best place to post - but is there a way to get font sizes adjusted for Pubit bookst?

Clouds of Witness by Dorothy L. Sayers 

I was excited to find this book for my nook - but even using the extra small font size the type is so large hardly a paragraph fits on the page...If this is the default I will not be buying more Pubit books

PubIt_Admin
0 Kudos

Hi nookQueen,

You don't have to have an ISBN to use PubIt! If you choose not to enter an ISBN, we will assign an internal identifier for you.

Thanks,

The PubIt! Team

PubIt_Admin
0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

It’s up to you how you choose to distribute your titles to Barnes & Noble either through PubIt! or any distributor.  For titles you make available through Smashwords you will need to make price changes through them. 

Thanks,

The PubIt! Team

Author
dave-zeltserman
0 Kudos

I haven't been able to find the royalty % that BN will be paying authors through PubIt?

Learn more about Small Crimes.

Discover all Dave Zeltserman titles.
PubIt_Admin
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

The Pricing and Payment Terms for PubIt! are available at http://pubit.barnesandnoble.com/pubit_app/bn?t=support#pricing_payment_terms. Click on the Pricing and Payment Terms link to see the details.

Thanks!

The PubIt! Team

Author
dave-zeltserman
0 Kudos

Thanks!

Learn more about Small Crimes.

Discover all Dave Zeltserman titles.
Contributor
Fiona_Cashel
0 Kudos

Thank you for the welcome, Parilee.  However, I am confused as to why there is a delay in completing my Pubit publishing application. It only accepted (saved) part of my info and suggested I return later to re-enter bank and credit card data. Just wondering if this needs to be entered during regular business hours in order to be accepted.

PubIt_Admin
0 Kudos

Hi Fiona_Cashel,

I believe you may have mistakenly clicked "save and logout" on the Payment Info screen instead of submit. Please click submit to complete your application.

Thank you,

PubIt!_Admin

Contributor
Fiona_Cashel
0 Kudos

Thank you. I will try that.

New User
HDemchick
0 Kudos

So far, PubIt! is working reasonably well, but I'm having trouble with the reviews.

First of all, I'm disappointed that first and last names are required categories for reviews. When you get a review via a trade publication (Kirkus, VOYA, etc.), the name isn't terribly important, and often isn't included at all.

Second, a category is included for publication for said reviews, but the publication information seems not to be present once the eBook goes live.

Are these kinks being worked out?

-Harrison Demchick

Bancroft Press

New User
carolbmt
0 Kudos

I've wasted too much time. I made a serious error with the original file (which I realized -- naturally -- after it had been converted) and wanted to fix it. I know HTML, but the epub file could not be fixed with any of the software programs I know, not even Dreamweaver, the premier HTML editor. Not only that, but I could not fix the original .doc file and save it under the original file name because somehow epub had put made it r/o, or otherwise screwed up the permissions. On my hard drive, yet! I saved it under another .doc filename, but if I upload that, it won't overwrite the first file. Nor could I see any way to delete the first file and start over.

Then I downloaded the ePUB software, only to find that I had a .war file that cannot be opened with any program on my hard drive. Not even Firefox.

This system is nuts. Kindle does it better.