Frequent Contributor
MartiTalbott
0 Kudos

What to do when book pages are blank?

With the help of Mrs. Smith, I discovered four of my twelve uploaded books have blank pages. This apparently occured after uploading an edited and final version. Unable to solve the problem, I took them off sale. 17 returns is no laughing matter, at least not to me.

The other books are fine, so here is my question:

I tried uploading again and the viewer is still blank, so what do I do now? Should I start whole new pages and use the ISBN's orriginally issued by B&N?  

Frequent Contributor
kateharp
0 Kudos

Re: What to do when book pages are blank?

try these 2 things:

-shrink any images you might have

-turn on you hidden formatting tool and look for accidental page breaks or double page breaks.

-Kate

"How to Publish Your Article on the Kindle and Nook"
http://howtobook.blogspot.com/ | kindle.harper@gmail.com
Frequent Contributor
MartiTalbott
0 Kudos

Thanks, Kate. I should have been more specific -- the whole book is blank.

Frequent Contributor
sayndee
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I have an idea that I want to look into. Put one back on sale so i can dowload it. And let me know the title. sounds crazy, I know. But one of my books went blank after I downloaded it. And I figured out what the problem was. Hope it's the same thing.

Elaine
Frequent Contributor
MartiTalbott
0 Kudos

Elaine, I put Volume V (5) back on sale, hoping no one will try to download it. It is not yet showing up in the list of books, but it is Marti Talbott's Highlander Series, Volume V

Volume 1 is fine, it is the other four that are a problem..

I hope you can find it, but it might take awhile before it becomes active again. Here is a link to my author page:

.http://productsearch.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?store=book&ATH=Marti+Talbott

I really appreciate your help.

New User
halpi
0 Kudos

I have been trying for 2 days to upload a book into Pubit. Each time all I see are blank pages. When I download the ePub file and view it through the Nook for PC software, nothing shows up except the contents links which all "appear" to go to the same page... but go nowhere when clicked.

My first book, uploaded 2 weeks ago, went smoothly. I have removed the cover image from this book, removed the table of contents, and checked to see if there are any other obvious format problems in the doc file. I still get nothing but blank pages. It also happened when I converted and uploaded an html file.

Is Pubit itself having problems?

Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

I just uploaded my latest book last week and all went well. It might just be a fluke. I really hope you figure it out!

Melissa

Frequent Contributor
sayndee
0 Kudos

I down loaded your book..You're right. It is completely blank. I suggest reloading the file. And I will try it again. When mine did that. i typed in a page number and the book suddenly appeared. But that did not happen with yours. I am going to email Pubit though...and tell them about your problem.

Elaine
Frequent Contributor
sayndee
0 Kudos

I did email Pubit for you. but I'd still reload it again. Hopefully, it will take the second time.

Elaine
Frequent Contributor
MartiTalbott
0 Kudos

Thanks guys. I reloaded volume 3, three times and volume 5 twice, still no luck. I even opened the files in a reader other than my computer and the content was there, so I am pretty sure the problem is not on my end.

You are great to help me. thanks. Seventeen returns so far is painful. 

Frequent Contributor
sayndee
0 Kudos

I've been wondering why my books have all but stopped selling here for the past week. And it is this past week that I downloaded my own book..and found that the pages went blank when I tried to go back. But I managed to get them back when I typed in the page number on search. So, I am thinking people are downloading the samples and nothing is there...That could very well be the reason we're not getting any sales!

Elaine
Frequent Contributor
MartiTalbott
0 Kudos

It is very baffling. Hopefully they will get us going again. It must be just as frustrating for readers as it is for us.

Betrothed 

Frequent Contributor
MartiTalbott
0 Kudos

Re: What to do when book pages are blank? Figured it out.

Well, I think I solved the problem. I had to change the name of each book a little and then change it also on my upload file. I was using Roman numerals and changed them to numbers. I hope it doesn't confuse readers, but I was able to see each in the viewer finally.

Her's hoping it worked! In 24 to 72 hours I should know.

Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

Frequent Contributor
MartiTalbott
0 Kudos

It lookes like the new copies are live now. I would really appreciate it if someone could download a summary or two and make sure they are not blank. Thanks in advance.

Marti Talbott's Highlander Series 2 

Marti Talbott's Highlander Series 3

Marti Talbott's Highlander Series 4

Marti Talbott's Highlander Series Volume 5

Frequent Contributor
sayndee
0 Kudos

I just downloaded the four you listed. They are absolutely beautiful! You did a great job on the formatting. Nice, clean and very well done.:womanvery-happy:

Elaine
Frequent Contributor
MartiTalbott
0 Kudos

Thank you so much, Elaine. I have been worrked.